Hexagon doesn't work

gncsgncs Posts: 0
edited August 2022 in Hexagon Discussion

Can anyone tell me how the (the world) I get in touch with Daz to complain about hexagon not working on my Mac, it loaded it through DIM but it has a no entry sign in grey across it.

why is it so difficult with DAZ's website to find how to actually contact them. By the way, I do not do FB Twitter or instagram, they are too invasive. What ever happened to live chat or good old email

(edited by mod for language)

Screenshot 2022-08-20 at 17.51.35.png
610 x 687 - 200K
Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Help>Contact US from the top menu https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Could try downloading it manually and running the install .exe.

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 179

What macos are you on?  The product page says 'Hexagon does not currently work on Mac Catalina' 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431

Hexagon is a 32-bit program, meaning it will not work on any version of Mac OS released in the last four years.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,198

I just had a situation where an old copy of Hexagon running on Windows XP, wouldn't work at all... or at least a circle with a loop of extruded edges just sat there - engaging the Scale tool accomplished nothing.

I found this disturbing to say the least so I repeated the operation on a computer with Windows 7. That was much better except I wanted a shape like a cookie say, and I got an aluminum pie plate!

I am impressed at how the Close function produced such a smooth surface. Isn't that an awful lot of n-gons, which usually don't work, eg. Hexagon crashes. Also I find that the slightest tesellation through a surface produces a noticeable seam when rendered in D|S with Iray.

basic-extruded-shape.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 71K
    like-a-cookie.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 85K
    oops_pie_plate.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 159K