DazToUnreal does not import FBX, only materials and textures

DryreLDryreL Posts: 29
edited August 2022 in Unreal Discussion

Hi!

I'm trying to import my character into Unreal Engine 4.26.2. I tried bunch of times, today my full time wasted into this and I'm still unsuccessful at this because it didn't import as I wanted.

I have a full character which contains clothes, hair, prop and bunch of morphs.

Please check the attachments. I'm having some errors. But I don't understand why.

FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Elyssa_zeroPose_v4_Genitalia' was renamed 'Elyssa_zeroPose_v4_Genitalia_ncl1_1' FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Elyssa_zeroPose_v4_Anus' was renamed 'Elyssa_zeroPose_v4_Anus_ncl1_1' No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene.  Please make sure to enable the 'Export Smoothing Groups' option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file.  Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data at export-time so that correct vertex normals can be inferred while importing. The following bones are missing from the bind pose:ik_foot_root  ik_foot_l  ik_foot_r  ik_hand_root  ik_hand_gun  ik_hand_r  ik_hand_l  This can happen for bones that are not vert weighted. If they are not in the correct orientation after importing,please set the "Use T0 as ref pose" option or add them to the bind pose and reimport the skeletal mesh. There is no geometry information in mesh Get Import Data has failed. Import failed. 

image_2022-08-20_225555915.png
323 x 248 - 13K
image_2022-08-20_225610635.png
1449 x 332 - 35K
Post edited by DryreL on

Comments

• Looks like you're adding genetalia. Make sure you use the transfer utility prior to export otherwise it'll fail.

• DryreLDryreL Posts: 29

Senor_Monkey said:

Looks like you're adding genetalia. Make sure you use the transfer utility prior to export otherwise it'll fail.

Thanks for your comment! I wasn't know there was a feature called Transfer Utility. I applied this to genitalia, yet eye and eyelashes become weird.

And I checked the file size of FBX. With hair 190 MB, without hair 32 MB. There was massive difference, I decided to not export hair.

But I have these two problems, please let me know if you have any idea.

1- Eye/Eyelashes become white after Transfer Utility

2- (Important problem!) Genitalia morphs are NOT being exported. Why?

image_2022-08-21_165252377.png
    802 x 784 - 73K
    image_2022-08-21_165306120.png
    624 x 209 - 15K
    image_2022-08-21_165314507.png
    387 x 87 - 45K
  • Set your eye moiisture and cornea opacity to something really low, like 0.05 and it'll fix the issue with the eyes.

• DryreLDryreL Posts: 29

Thanks, I'll try your solution proposal once if I fix the second question's problem.

I'm actively looking for help but currently no one answer my questions except you, thank you again!

I opened a new topic about this because I started to think this is a bug, you can check here.