DaztoUnreal Bridge Head Attachment Issues

I'm exporting my Daz model using the bridge plugin without animations then trying to use the model with the Third Person Controller in Unreal Engine.

When I run on a plain that's level with a unit in Unreal Engine the head is in the right position. However, when I run up a slope, the head becomes disconnected from the neck and sinks lower than it until I reach the next unit up. It basically looks like this:

Example of a slope I'm talking about from the Third Person Controller demo in Unreal Engine:

How can I fix it so the head is sitting properly on the neck at all times when the character isn't exactly level on a plane?

I'm using Daz 4.20 with Unreal Engine 5.0.3.

Comments

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited August 2022

Because the basic foot IK provided by the default UE5 mannequin in the Control Rig does not work well with retargeted animations. In the Animation Blueprint AnimGraph disconnect the Control Rig node should fix that. There are other solutions for foot IK such as the Advanced Locomotion System available for free in Unreal market.

CaptureA.JPG
    902 x 554 - 66K
    Post edited by catmaster on
  • catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited September 2022

It turns out that instead of bypassing the Control Rig node, the default Control Rig in default UE5 Mannequin ABP_Manny can be corrected by using the G8 IK rig, because its Control Rig class was by default incorrectly assigned to Mannequin IK rig, there's a Youtube video about this:

Advanced Locomotion System is still much better and has more features than using the default UE5 Mannequin IK solver. Advanced Locomotion System is very complex although very useful, it has stopped developing so users have to create their own versions and keep updating with UE5.

There's a new version of unofficial ALS as ALS-Community: https://github.com/dyanikoglu/ALS-Community

Post edited by catmaster on