currentValueChanged()

algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Been playing around with connecting to currentValueChanged() signals - the Left Shoulder Bend parameter of Genesis, for example. What I can do is grab the current Bend parameter after this signal is received. What I would like to do is access the previous value of the Bend parameter before the signal was emitted, so that I can calculate the change and do some processing accordingly. Is this possible?

I've looked for some sort of a "changing", or "about to change" signal that I could connect to, but haven't been able to come up with anything yet.

If anybody has any experience, or thoughts about things to try, I would appreciate hearing about it - thanks in advance!

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,907
    edited December 1969

If you know you are interested in a property can't you get and store the current value rady to use it when the signal is received? That may not be the intended workflow, but it sounds plausible.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited December 1969

I'd like to do this for all of a figure's joints. And you're absolutely right, the script that sets up all the connections could store initial values. And then, whenever the currentValueChanged() signal is received, the delta could be used in calculations. Afterwards, that current value would become the old value for the next incoming signal.

I'm curious to see if there are practical limits to the number of connections that can be made this way - I'll try this out as soon as I can and post back here.

As always, thank you for your input, Richard. You are a great asset to the forum community & DAZ. I appreciate it!

- Greg