[Released] Bone Minion for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Poses [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• RiverSoftArt said:

Please try the attached "Bone Minion Post Load.dsa" file in data/RiverSoft Arts/Common and see if it works.  It may not work with previously saved scenes though, depending on how old they are.  

Please let me know if this is a true fix.

So, does this work or not?

• lululee1lululee1 Posts: 296

Hi,

I purchased your wonderful bundle (Bone Minion for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Poses for Generation 4)

I'm converting some G8 wrestling poses for a client. The wrestling poses contain a pose for girl A and a pose for Girl B.

They need to line up properly. i've attached an image showing that the 2 G8 girls come in perfectly. The poses are lined up.

The converted V4 girls are totally out of wack and very difficult to get them to line up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheerio    lululee

G8-V4-Landing-001.jpg
    924 x 910 - 124K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

lululee1 said:

Hi,

I purchased your wonderful bundle (Bone Minion for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Poses for Generation 4)

I'm converting some G8 wrestling poses for a client. The wrestling poses contain a pose for girl A and a pose for Girl B.

They need to line up properly. i've attached an image showing that the 2 G8 girls come in perfectly. The poses are lined up.

The converted V4 girls are totally out of wack and very difficult to get them to line up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheerio    lululee

First, it looks like the limits were not turned off for the V4 character (especially on the left).  Then, you need to make sure, just like with the 2 G8 girls, that the V4s are starting from the same point.

• lululee1lululee1 Posts: 296

Hi,

I did start with the 2 V4 girls in the zero position but they went their own way once I applied the pose to the bone minion.

cheerio

lululee

lululee1 said:

Hi,

I did start with the 2 V4 girls in the zero position but they went their own way once I applied the pose to the bone minion.

cheerio

lululee

It must be the specific poses then.  I have been able to do that before and would see things go into place.  At the least, make sure the limits are off before applying poses, and that should help you slide the two figures into place.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

lululee1 said:

Hi,

cheerio

lululee

this might not work but did you try parenting one V4 to the other before applying the poses?

• airunairun Posts: 25

I landed on this thread due to the post with the error message "Bone Minion not found," however, I'm not using a render queue. The script works flawlessly; however, anytime I save a scene and reopen it, it will give "Bone Minion not found" for each of the minions assigned to a figure. This is always with Genesis 9 figures using Male and Female minions for 8.1 and 8 since I have never tried this on other figures.

This issue happens on two different installations of Daz3D on two other PCs. When I relaunch a scene, I have to remove all the minions and re-add them so they can work again. I saw the .DSA file that was added to this thread, but I didn't try it out. I was hoping there was a native fix, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong instead of fixing it with a patch/hotfix.

However, I do want to state that this utility is fantastic. Thank you for creating it.

airun said:

I landed on this thread due to the post with the error message "Bone Minion not found," however, I'm not using a render queue. The script works flawlessly; however, anytime I save a scene and reopen it, it will give "Bone Minion not found" for each of the minions assigned to a figure. This is always with Genesis 9 figures using Male and Female minions for 8.1 and 8 since I have never tried this on other figures.

This issue happens on two different installations of Daz3D on two other PCs. When I relaunch a scene, I have to remove all the minions and re-add them so they can work again. I saw the .DSA file that was added to this thread, but I didn't try it out. I was hoping there was a native fix, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong instead of fixing it with a patch/hotfix.

However, I do want to state that this utility is fantastic. Thank you for creating it.

Yes, this is a known bug.  I *think* I have a fix but have not found the time to thoroughly test and submit it.

• airunairun Posts: 25

RiverSoft Art said:

Yes, this is a known bug.  I *think* I have a fix but have not found the time to thoroughly test and submit it.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I was doing something wrong. Nonetheless, I love your work and other additions to Daz3D.

airun said:

RiverSoft Art said:

Thanks for the reply, I thought I was doing something wrong. Nonetheless, I love your work and other additions to Daz3D.

Hopefully, I will release the fix by the end of April.