DAZ Studio to Nomad Sculpt Workflow | Create your own Genesis 3 and 8 morphs.

afterchoicesgamesafterchoicesgames Posts: 17
edited September 2022 in Art Studio

I've been experimenting with sculpting my custom characters for DAZ Studio for a while now. Now, I believe it is time for me to share what I have learned with you. 

YouTube

Click on the image or here to go to YouTube.

This tutorial is intended for

• people who want to use the iPad to sculpt 3D models from DAZ Studio
  • people who want to quickly create custom morphs for DAZ Studio

What is Nomad Sculpt?
A professional sculpting and painting application for iOS and Android.

Please let me know if I've posted in the wrong category.

Support me on Patreon

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,230

Whatever TTS program you used to make that consistently pronounced Daz as "dead", and that is very funny.

• Gordig said:

Whatever TTS program you used to make that consistently pronounced Daz as "dead", and that is very funny.

At least, I tried :D 

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited September 2022

Thanks very, very much for taking the time to make this tutorial, it's something I was going to try but have not yet had a chance to do. Your tutorial was excellent, very detailed and very easy to follow.

Your sharing is much appreciated.

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • wsterdan said:

Thanks very, very much for taking the time to make this tutorial, it's something I was going to try but have not yet had a chance to do. Your tutorial was excellent, very detailed and very easy to follow.

Your sharing is much appreciated.

-- Walt Sterdan

This is my motivation. I'm glad it's useful. I intend to post another tutorial demonstrating the workflow between Procreate and DAZ Studio. For those looking to use Substance Painter-like apps on their iPad

• vanishvanish Posts: 39

Thanks for this tutorial. I found it enlightening. Have you tried it with Genesis 9 yet? No matter how I export when I use Morph Loader Pro it always says the geometry doesn't match. THoughts?

• vanishvanish Posts: 39

Nevermind. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks again for the turotial!

• Well.

What can I say? The fact anything like it can be done on a phone/tablet is stunning. You have opened my eyes to a totally new way to avoid doing things I need to do! I shall have to download it on my tablet & see if I can do anything myself. Thankyou. Will try your tutorial after I see if my tablet has enough grunt for it.

Regards,

Richard.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

afterchoicesgames,

Short and clear! Thanks for posting this intro video. I heard about Nomad but never had the chance to look into it. It's always interesting to learn about tools and how they interoperate with Daz. Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers!

afterchoicesgames said:

I've been experimenting with sculpting my custom characters for DAZ Studio for a while now. Now, I believe it is time for me to share what I have learned with you.