'Tis for the Glory #15 "Cool Water"

MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
edited July 2015 in Carrara Discussion

So, DuDu.car wins with his cannabis infused homage to Jimi Hendrix.

His ultimate prize is to pick the next weeks topic – which of course would be THIS ONE. But here is his response:

-------

Thank you to have chosen me, but my brain is roasted by the heat for the moment.

I believe that your image is excellent also and that it's your turn, therefore I delegate the choice of the next topic to you.

Thank you for your help !

-------

Based upon his winning image, it's more likely his brain is 'toasted' if-you-know-what-I-mean. That is a lot of words to exclaim, "Duuuuuuuuuuuude." which would have accomplished the same thing.

But, just in case he's telling the truth, the subject for this challenge #15 is "Cool Water"

Deadline is Monday, July 20 at 12 midnight, Hawaii time. (Yes, yes the date is somewhat arbitrary but it will give you plenty of time)

Post your entries over at Renderosity in the Carrara Forum!

Post edited by MarkBremmer on

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I drink to much wine, it's true, but I don't smoke !
    And it is true also that I'm completely destroyed by the heat.
    Your topic is exactly what I needed to relieve myself.
    Thank you so much ! %-P

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Here's a sort of first draft/test render - I'll finish it this weekend when I have more time.

Still to do:

1. Fix the lemon - it's just got a texture slapped on it right now and doesn't have any of the translucency or SSS it needs.
    2. Glass is a little bit thin - need to thicken it up 1-2mm on the sides
    3. Lighting is garbage - it's just a low quality HDRI and the default spot right now and with these low quality render settings it looks terrible
    4. Add some replicated water droplets on top of the painted/texture ones

• MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190

I like what I'm seeing!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Hmm... well my earlier WIP post seems to have disappeared into the ether.  Here's the final version (bigger size is attached).

IceCold_Final.jpg
    1000 x 1100 - 195K

Very nice work MDO2010.

MDO2010 wins. Congratulations!

You can check out the other entries over in the Renderosity Carrara forum.

Looking at the other entries is probably a good idea because Wonga/Stezza also has rendered the sexiest platypus I've ever seen.