I want an artist to make a character

bnanabnana Posts: 0
edited September 2022 in Art Studio

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• You need to give more information - a character for a figure like Genesis 8.1 Male/Female or a stand-alone? Are you wanting a 3D model or finished art work? How is it going to be used (that will affect both what is needed and who is going to be willing to take the task on)? Is this for a fee or are you wanting a freebie? Are you wanting an original design given some kind of brief, or a version of an existing character design?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

bnana said:

Well... a lot of artists do make characters... so technically, you got what you wanted, but it's been that way for quite a while.

• I generally prefer to not hijack anyones' thread, but for the sake of example AND I also am looking to hire someone for:

What I need is someone to:
    1.)  Outfit a G8M with Wizard Apprentice Outfit or dForce Shrouded Assassin Outfit, fit Adrian Hair and Beard (or similar) and Tongue Control HD, and one prop to the model.   
    2.)  Either decimate within DAZ or run it through Blender to accomplish preferably just under 20k polygon count, or 30k if it just looks poorly.
    3.)  Import into Unity 2019.4.31.
    4.)  Verify the visemes are connected, the prop has it's animation functioning, and whatever makes the tongue control do it's thing.
    5.)  Successfully upload to VRChat for Quest. 

• bhoffman67 said:

I generally prefer to not hijack anyones' thread, but for the sake of example AND I also am looking to hire someone for:

1.)  Outfit a G8M with Wizard Apprentice Outfit or dForce Shrouded Assassin Outfit, fit Adrian Hair and Beard (or similar) and Tongue Control HD, and one prop to the model.   
    2.)  Either decimate within DAZ or run it through Blender to accomplish preferably just under 20k polygon count, or 30k if it just looks poorly.
    4.)  Verify the visemes are connected, the prop has it's animation functioning, and whatever makes the tongue control do it's thing.

Unfortunately the license does not allow someone to give you the decimated version, or to give you a version of the content converted to another format.

• Richard Haseltine said:

bhoffman67 said:

I generally prefer to not hijack anyones' thread, but for the sake of example AND I also am looking to hire someone for:

Unfortunately the license does not allow someone to give you the decimated version, or to give you a version of the content converted to another format.

Interesting, but okay.  Alternatively, I can buy the aforementioned items from the DAZ store, and allow a remote control of my computer with DAZ 4.20, Blender 3.01, and Unity so they can walk me through the process all the same.  that ok?

• ahhh, crumbucket.  VRChat doesn't support the number of bones in G8M... G1M yes though.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Even if it supported it, I'm not sure the license would allow uploading a model derived from Daz content to VRChat, even with the interactive license.

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited September 2022

@bhofman67 do you know about this one (readyplayer.me) ? If I`m remember correctly it possible to edit the mesh in Blender and sent back to UNITY or Unreal

It should be possible to hire modellers or texture artists to make adjustment . Using that solution might be save you unnecessary steps and headache to make DAZ character compatible with your projects   

EDIT : Check the EULA/TOS , from what I`ve been reading it seem you cant have actual IP using that one . Try ask their CS

Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • via quite a bit of experimenting, i have discovered the following:

Genesis3
    polygon:  33656
    bones:  172
    materials:  17

Genesis2
    polygon:  42162
    bones:  80
    materials:  28

Genesis
    polygon:  37744
    bones:  72
    materials:  26

Yes, i'm aware of RPM, that's where I started my avatar journey but my needs have gone well beyond it's abilities at this point.