How to pose character once imported in unreal engine from Daz?

Hi. I have tried this with Maya, where after importing into Maya, there are like rig controls for us to pose or animate the character inside maya without doing anything.

Now using DaztoUnreal plugin, it doesn't appear to have any control rig. Because i cant seem to find any control rig to pose the character once inside Unreal Engine.

My question, is there a control rig setup for us in unreal engine 5 once we transffered the character out from Daz Studio?

Thanks in advance for any help really appreciate!

Comments

• You can do all your posing in DAZ Studio and then export it as an animation.  In UE, in your character properties,  choose Use Animation Asset and then choose the animation you exported from DAZ Studio.

• Is it possible yet to pose a Daz character inside Unreal 5 with a control rig? This would be very useful since, in many scene design and visualization situations, a pose is very specitic to the context of an Ureal scene/level, such as having a character appear as if they're interacting with the environment. Posing in Daz first does not work well in these cases because the pose is dictacted by the character's surroundings in Unreal. Hopefully this feature can be added to the Unreal bridge!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816

you can retarget it to the Unreal Mannequin

I have only done this in UE4 not 5

the DAZ Bridge does it too,

however after losing my C drive and having to reinstall Windows and all my programs I have not reinstalled it all so cannot help much right now blush

or in the forseable future so hopefully others can, (I pretty much lost everything I did in Unreal and many other programs)

• vjcodecvjcodec Posts: 0
    edited January 18

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you can retarget it to the Unreal Mannequin

I have only done this in UE4 not 5

the DAZ Bridge does it too,

however after losing my C drive and having to reinstall Windows and all my programs I have not reinstalled it all so cannot help much right now blush

or in the forseable future so hopefully others can, (I pretty much lost everything I did in Unreal and many other programs)

that sucks to hear. Hope you are up and running again? I've had it multiple times and reinstalling is the worst part of a workstation. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on