SimTenero Randomizer2 won't show up in DS 4.20 "About installed plugins" (but DS 4.16 is ok)

SimTenero Randomizer2 won't show up in DS 4.20 "About installed plugins" (but DS 4.16 is ok)
Hi, even though it is properly installed with the DAZ Install Manager and the strandomizer.dll is (correctly) located in the plugins dir including the SimTenero subfolder that contains the Randomizer2 icon, it just won't show up in the "About installed plugins" of my DS 4.20 installation, so I can't register it and use its pane. I also have a DS 4.16 installation (that I don't use) on my computer  and when I manually copy the strandomizer.dll and SimTenero subfolder to its plugins folder IT DOES show Simtenero Randomizer2 in the "About installed plugins" once I start up DS 4.16 (with possibility to register the plugin, use the pane etc.).

Anyone has an idea why even though the plugin seems properly installed it won't show up in DS 4.20?

I also tried my luck with a standalone installer file "54407_Randomizer2forDAZStudio410Win64bit_1.1.0.1_ds.exe" but that installer can't even figure out (or allow you to edit) where my DS 4.20 installation is and it installs files in some useless default dir that none of my DS installations use. So I used the uninstaller exe for that standalone installer (it did not effect the Randomizer2 files in my DS 4.20 plugins folder).

Thx!

Comments

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111

I found out there were even more plugins missing in my 4.20 installation. Then on investigating a major start-up problem in the recent 4.21 installation (caused by some plugins of a certain developer) I discovered the file structure of 4.20 was nested inside another instance of a DS file structure and 4.20 had none of these plugins so it makes sense that they were not showing up as in DUH!! After manually copying them to the 4.20 plugins dir at least this problem was solved.

Oddly enough I now have three (functional) separate installations of DS:  4.16, 4.20 and 4.21. I either must have erroneously changed the install paths at some point or DS updates intentionally leave a copy of the previous installation (?). It is starting to get messy, I will try to make my primary installation adhere to the paths that I have defined in the DS config and get rid of the rest.