Arch Bridge and Other Bridges. New: Cable Stayed.

13»

Comments

• That looks amazing. Can't wait to be able to play with it. Good Job! 

It was also a term popular with teens in the 90's and early 2000's to mean very awesome. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    edited October 2022

Had a desperate job to do at work, which meant I couldn't do the modelling very much in the last week. Have modelled up the roof dragons, got to do something to the legs though. It looks completely wrong to have all four legs the same. 

Would just like to say: Organic shapes are unbelievably difficult on engineering software designed for lines and arcs. The programming behind something like ZBrush are quite remarkable.

Regards

Richard 

Bridge Trial 10a.png
    3500 x 1969 - 5M
    Bridge Trial 11.png
    4000 x 2250 - 4M
    Bridge Trial 12.png
    1980 x 1114 - 1M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

That is absolutely amazing. When will it be ready? :-)

• The best I can say is 'Probably this year.'. I wish I was kidding, too. My work went completely mental, and then a colleague was kind enough to share COVID by complying with government rules about returning to work while testing positive but feeling well. I worked through the first 2 days of infection over the weekend, completed what I needed on Sunday and have been utterly hopeless since. Just can't do anything sustained at the moment. And if anything seem to be getting less stamina rather than more even though I'm now testing negative. I am intermittently converting bits to OBJ format and texture mapping as I can. So far I have done the lower ridge segments and finial on the Gazebo (9 files of 84). It's slow going. Regards, Richard.
  • Forgot to mention. The bridge is going to be a half bridge, and instanced to make both sides. The four gazebos and two walkways are going to be a single separately usable model of each and then instanced too to make the complete bridge subset. Regards, Richard.
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

Ugh, I'm so sorry, and so over the Covid thing. The kids and I had it in January, but my husband didn't get it until August, and as a result we had to cancel our trip to visit his family he hasn't seen in 4 years. 

Take your time, rest up! My 3D addiction can wait for the bridge :-)

• I have released a simple bridge model while I recover from a second bout of COVID and remain in a state of nervous apprehension with both my elderly father and elderly mother-in-law in different hospitals on either side of the country.

The bridge is a dual carriageway viaduct intended for mid to far distance views - eg in UltraScenery XT. The viaduct is in 6000 cm (60m) segments that are designed to be arrayed to form a viaduct that crosses the landscape. Something like my linear array script will do the job.

The viaduct looks really odd running straight into a hillside, so if the end cannot be hidden behind something, I've popped in a model of a tunnel portal to disguise the intersection. 

In the image below,  it's shown in use in the sort of conditions you'd see with UK driving. It is completely normal here to have one lane coned off for no apparent reason and a white van tail-gating.

There is a read-me in the download file. Please read it, as it tells you how to use the product quickly and efficiently. Talking of downloads, it's too big to attach to a forum post, so please look on my Renderosity freebie page. https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96205/background-road-viaduct-and-tunnel

Hope it is useful on occasions.

Regards,

Richard.

• ElorElor Posts: 692
    edited October 2023

Hello,

I hope both of your father and mother-in-law get better.

About your bridge, thank you, it does look nice smiley

They are missing textures inside the archive:

/Runtime/Textures/ChestnutP/Sports/Running Track Clean Concrete Diffuse.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/ChestnutP/Sports/Running Track Clean Concrete Height.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/ChestnutP/Sports/Running Track Clean Concrete Normal.jpg

I was able to find them in your Athletic Ground Freebie (their names were good tips on where to look among your great and vast library of freebies laugh)

Post edited by Elor on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    edited October 2023

Gaah!

What a noodle I am. I managed to update the texture declaration but didn't include the files. I am sorry. Have uploaded the modified zip file, and it will be approved again. And they are shared with the sports ground.

I do test these things, but if DS has found a file before, it tends to automatically find it again even if you're testing it from a stick and as a result you can't easily discover if the file is missing when you only have a single machine.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

I wish you and your family a thorough recovery as soon as possible. I received a COVID shot a couple of days ago and for two days I was really sick, so I can empathize with any COVID-related trials and tribulations. Remember not to overexert yourself and drink plenty of fluids - preferably with vitamin C. So sorry you and your relatives have to go through this....

Hugs,

AOBB

• richardandtracy said:

Gaah!

What a noodle I am. I managed to update the texture declaration but didn't include the files. I am sorry. Have uploaded the modified zip file, and it will be approved again. And they are shared with the sports ground.

I do test these things, but if DS has found a file before, it tends to automatically find it again even if you're testing it from a stick and as a result you can't easily discover if the file is missing when you only have a single machine.

Regards,

Richard

for testing on a single machine you could set up a second instance of Daz, the second instance has its own library and database so wont conflict with your existing products.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/451421/multiple-instances-of-daz-studio

• I think it needs a complete different installation, but I have effectively tried that already with having DS 4.10, 4.11, 4.12,4.14 & 4.16 on the machine along with 4.21. If I change the library location in one, it promulgates through all. I think they all access the same keys in registry to store the various library root directories. The only way I have got it to work is to manually change the library directory name in file explorer. It's not exactly convenient or without risk. Regards, Richard.
  • It's back now. Regards, Richard.
  • ElorElor Posts: 692
    edited October 2023

Thank you, Richard smiley

And no worry, I wish I was half the 'noddle' you are and be able to offer quality freebies like you do yes

Post edited by Elor on
  • Have made another background model bridge. This one is a mile long including the ramps on either side. It is a cable stayed bridge with a deck height of up to 60 metres, and a centre span of 490m. The deck at the end of the ramps can match my road viaduct above. It uses the same textures as the viaduct. 

So, it looks as below:

Download from here :  https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96547/background-mile-long-bridge-model

Hope you will one day find a use for it.

Regards,

Richard.

• That's a big bridge and thank you

• It is a big bridge, not very detailed, intended as a background model for large environments like UltraScenery XT. I do hope it will be useful one day - it's not the sort of thing that will go in every scene. Regards, Richard.
  • Saw it today on rendo, it looks fantastic. I don't oftend do renders that could fit it, but I'm sure it will come in handy sometime. Thanks!

• Thank you very much richardandtracy for sharing yuor useful bridges!

• Just a little portrait with the cable stayed bridge in the near background.

Regards,

Richard