Script to set Default values for trans & rot to ZERO

It seems that the way DS accomplishes memorize/restore pose functions is to write over the default values (which are usually 0.00 or 0.00%) for joints. For me at least, this becomes a pain later on as I realize that defaults are now set to all these crazy new values and there doesn't seem to be a way in DS to fix this. Of course, any value numbers not set to default show as white text, whereas at default they are medium gray. This makes it quick to find any non-default numbers, but this feature gets broken whenever memorize/restore is used.

It seems to me this should be a relatively straightforward script for coders to write. Does anyone know if one like this already exists? (Note: yes I know that defaults values are not always zero, but it seems that about 99% of the time they are, so it makes this script idea useful).

Comments

1. Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Pose
    2. Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Pose

Memorising is setting the default values, there isn't a separate memorised value..

• Richard Haseltine said:

1. Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Pose
    2. Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Pose

Yeah, but try doing this to every single item in a big scene after you've, for example, used Edit>Object>Memorize>Memorize Selected Item(s) then Edit>Object>Restore>Restore Selected Item(s) to clean up a scene bloated with hundreds of animated fromes from multiple dForce simulations. You'd what: have to turn the pose for each individual figure and item into a pose preset, save and apply, to get back to your original scene state with all your default values intact?

Memorising is setting the default values, there isn't a separate memorised value..

Yes I know, but there should be. Without an extra (hidden) variable to use for memorize/restore functions, the only possible solution I'm aware of is a script to zero the default values for every node selected. But I'm not a coder, I just play one on TV.