Control rig on UE5

Hello!
I dragged the control rig file into the scene and the result was as shown below.

what should I do?

Thank you!

222.jpg
406 x 454 - 146K

Comments

• The control rig file  is in the Daztounreal plugin

Genesis8ConrtolRig.jpg
    1920 x 945 - 690K
  • I'm not familiar with that control rig, but it looks like the wrong controls are associated with the wrong bones.

You could try going through the Forwards Solve and Setup events making sure that each Get / Set Transform pair has the correctly matched Control / Bone pair.

• thank you

• if i recall, "Zero Root Rotation on Import" at the DazToUnreal plugin settings breaks this rig.

there another rig included named "Genesis8ControlRig" try it instead

• Supermont said:

if i recall, "Zero Root Rotation on Import" at the DazToUnreal plugin settings breaks this rig.

there another rig included named "Genesis8ControlRig" try it instead

a bit new to all of this. i have been using daz to unreal but always wanted to pose them inside unreal. where exactly can i find this Genesis8controlrig once in unreal ? would really appreciate

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited October 2022

The Daz ControlRig is within the plugin folder as shown in the attached image below, needs to enable show engine content and show plugin content on the settings of the content browser. Drag and drop the ControlRig into the scene to use it.

Check the Fix Bone Rotations and Zero Root Rotation when importing from Daz will fix distorted ControlRig for UE5.

I prefer using UE4.27 to import Daz and use the ControlRig, Retarget Manager, etc. Current DazToUnreal Bridge v2022.2.18 can be installed to multiple Unreal versions including UE4.27, the bridge includes ControlRig for UE5.0 but not for UE4. For UE4.27 to use Daz ControlRig there is custom made asset available:
    https://github.com/guto88/ControlRigForDaz3D

DazControlRigUE5.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    HowToFixControlRigUE5.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    DazToUE4.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 969K
    DazControlRigUE4.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    Post edited by catmaster on
  • Thank you。