Changing content folder

Does changing the content folder from disk C to disk B ruins the pathfinding?

I use custom folders inside the runtime texture folders for some textures I edit "insert_random_figure_model_texture_folder/custom_folder_for_my_own_edited_textures/customheadpic.jpg" for models, would changing content folders will make models not able to lead their custom made textures?

Comments

• As long as the files are still in the same place within the new content directory then they would still be found, Daz Studio stores relative paths only for files in a content directory (which is why presets and scenes are portable as long as the required content is present in the correct relative location). The main potential issue is nestec content directories - if both My Library and My Library/Content are content directories and a file in in My Library/Content/Runtime/Textures/... then the relative path may include the Content folder, which would then fail on a different arrangement, which is why nested content directories should be avoided.

Install Manager/Daz Central do store absolute paths in their manifests, so if you have installed through those you will want to edit the manifests or - more safely - reinstall (if you kept the zips Install manager has an option to reinstall uisng the current path).