Winged circlet or helmet

ShadowdreamShadowdream Posts: 50
edited September 2022 in Product Suggestions

Hi all! Can anyone suggest me a good winged circlet or helmet for G8F? (Or suggest a couple pieces I could kitbash into one?) Maybe my search fu is lacking today, but I'm just not finding what I'm looking for. A circlet would be particularly nice for what I'm doing, but a helmet would work just as well. 

Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Thanks! Tears of the Gods is so close, but that gem is a little big and videogamey for what I'm trying to do. 

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,887
    edited September 2022

@Shadowdream

The helmet will most likely be just parented to the head, with no weights. This means you could export it to blender and change the gem with minimal fuss. If you're not a Blender user yet, this seems like it would be a nice, bite-sized project to get you started.

Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on
  • Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,887
    edited September 2022

@Shadowdream

The Gem, its moulding, and its back plate are all conveniently separated, so you are really free to do whatever you want. I exported it to Blender and back with just some arbitrary change, and copied the materials over to the new model one at a time. There's probably a better way to do this in DS.

I forgot to convert to base res, so I couldn't use Morph Loader Pro, but I'm sure it would have worked fine.

Edit: And I just noticed that the PA apparently texture painted some changes after affixing the gem, and so there is a dark region under the gem once it is removed... So some work on the textures would be necessary.

winged_helmet.png
    2163 x 1223 - 1M
    Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on