Import Daz environments props etc with emissive intact

How do I import Daz stuff into UE5 with the emissives intact?

Comments

• You'll have to create new emissive materials in Unreal, as they work completely differently to how they do in Daz.
    But this is a very simple task, even with a lot of emissives in a scene.

What I tend to do is Make one emissive master material, then produce instances with colour and brightness parameters, then it just becomes a case of clicking through to replace as needed.

• Sounds like I could take hours if not days. I'd like to get stonemason's wonderland and put it in unreal with the other urban future stuff from stonemason and have emissives but i guess that's not gonna happen crying

• j_4503346j_4503346 Posts: 2
    edited September 2022

Senor_Monkey said:

s they work completely differently to how they do in Daz

Yes everything works differently in Unreal, that's why we have a bridge, if it can support materials, it can support emmsive materials by recognizing it at impprt as emmisive and routing it to a base material that is emmssive, picking up the color and translating the intensity.
    Same is needed for glass materials

But currently  the Unreal import side of things only has 3 base materials none for such cases.
    I  think it's a matter of recognizing and routing these to new base materials I mentioned above

Please David fix this, it renders environment export useless for night city scenes etc..
    Also, please flip the normal maps green channel, everything is inverted in unreal and would take days to go thru 1000's of normal maps
    thanks you

Post edited by j_4503346 on
  • yes j. I've had some success with glass here and there. none with emissives. i'm more concerned with emissives as i tend to do a lot of evening/night scenes in unreal engine 5. please fix the issue with emissives David. thanks.

• It's not hard to make emissive materials in UE. It takes just a few minutes.  Simply right click in the Content Browser and choose Material->Material.  Then open up the new material and you should get the Material Editor window.  Hold down 3 and left-click to create a color node.  Hold down 1 and left-click to create a scalar node.   Select the scalar node and change the value to 200.  Right click and type multiply to create a multiply node.  Hook everything up like in the attached image.  Once you made the emissive material, simply open up your mesh and apply it to which ever material zone you want to emit light.

10.png
    971 x 732 - 289K
  • superlativecg said:

It's not hard to make emissive materials in UE. It takes just a few minutes.  Simply right click in the Content Browser and choose Material->Material.  Then open up the new material and you should get the Material Editor window.  Hold down 3 and left-click to create a color node.  Hold down 1 and left-click to create a scalar node.   Select the scalar node and change the value to 200.  Right click and type multiply to create a multiply node.  Hook everything up like in the attached image.  Once you made the emissive material, simply open up your mesh and apply it to which ever material zone you want to emit light.

And if I want to change the color how do i do that?

• Like make it blue for example?