Making Just Wet raincoat longer

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm asking anyway. Recently, I needed a raincoat for a little kid character. The raincoat should have a  hood that goes up and down and it should be able to open and close. I saw a few possibilites, but they met some but not all my criteria. Some had a hood. Some would either be opened or closed.Some were way.... too sexy.  I located the product Just Wet for Genisis 2 and Michael 6. The product does everything I want, but the jacket is too short. I know it's an older product, but I was desperate. Now, I'm wondering if some Daz Studio wizard out there can help me figure out a way to lengthen the jacket. I can do it in post processing in Photoshop, but I'm not that good. If the kid is moving or jumping, I'm way out of my league in trying to make it work. The attachments show the original short version and my photoshoped longer version.

Just Wet rain coat.png
1566 x 2196 - 3M
My photoshop effort to make the coat longer.png
1513 x 2208 - 2M

Comments

• The best would be to make a new morph in Blender or another modeling program, but while it seems easy to me now, it took me months to learn how to do it properly. I had to read and watch many tutorials and experiment a lot before I could do a good job. And I'm still learning.
    Otherwise the Mesh Grabber plugin could help you, but I don't own it, maybe someone else can give advice?

• Thanks Rosseliani,

Just took a look at Mesh Grabber. Fingers crossed. It looks hopeful.

• I have to say I love the entire Mesh Grabber series and use it all the time.

It should do what you are wanting but you need to be careful of where you are pulling the mesh from. I would suggest taking in stages to lengthen the rain coat, starting around mid chest (between any buttons/clasps) and pull down a little then moving down a little and pulling down a little more and continue on like that until it gets to the desired length. This will help lessen any distortion you may get.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

Mesh grabber for that sounds a bit tricky although with a large enough brush and proper influence, it could work just fine with a single Y movement.

But it shouldn't take more than a few hours to learn the very very basics of Blender and do that a way more professional way. All you need to know is :

- Selection of geometry (vertices, edges, polygons)

- Proportional Editing (so that the shape extends smoothly)

- Scaling in Z axis.

That's all you need to make this raincoat longer in a few clicks really. And bring it back in Daz with Morph Loader Pro.

It takes some time to get used to the process, especially if you're not used to 3D modeling. But it's really intuitive work when one's used to it, and extremely useful for any Daz workflow.

Post edited by hansolocambo on