Better African Elephant

I would love to see a better African elephant than the 20-something-year-old one that's in the store now. I bought the updated texture set for it, but new textures can only do so much to hide the model's flaws. For example, the texture stretching around the base of the ears looks awful. I also have Alessandro's Indian elephant (and baby), but I need an African version. And a giraffe (the Silverkey giraffe is also ancient). Lol.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

I couldn't agree more! There are some amazing models on turbosquid, but sadly it's hard to justify the price. this one for example https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/elephant-rigged-max/1040490

• The Turbosquid model does, however, make you appreciate the nice price of DS assets much more.

Regards,

Richard

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited September 2022

richardandtracy said:

The Turbosquid model does, however, make you appreciate the nice price of DS assets much more.

Regards,

Richard

Not for me really, I have been working in 3D for years and have bought (and sold) plenty of items at the normal 3d sites, so i am used to those types of prices. What I find very funny is how people  complain about how high DAZ prices are, I would love to purchase the TS one and then rerig it and sell it for DS use, but rigging is beyond my skill set.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I could use more animals in general. AM does what he can, but he's only one person ;)

• AllenArt said:

I could use more animals in general. AM does what he can, but he's only one person ;)

Yes, we ought to clone him. I need all the animals. laugh

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited September 2022

If this is a hobby, and you are making art for fun... $349 is kind of steep for one asset.  

If you make a living off of creating art, then the $349 just gets shuffled off to the customer.

I'm sure your mileage varries though

Post edited by Chumly on