something that looks like miniature people in toy train set

I was thinking.  Some people like keeping train sets with detailed miniature towns and places.  Those places have little miniatures people in them.  I know there is a lot of high rez and high detail people for Daz Studio and Poser, but what about figures of people who are meant to be figurines.  Especially ones for those miniature towns that have those little trains on those tiny train tracks.

Basically purposefully low rez people who are supposed to be figurines of people

7eeb24d7-53a0-4764-98ea-7a8e8ab8d2ee_1.4caa896201febc557b29496a289c4a77.jpeg
1000 x 664 - 80K
76fa0a478e08e1fae5becb4dc4a6f893--architectural-scale-model-building.jpg
736 x 736 - 80K
768941386_o.jpg
500 x 500 - 26K
fb6878383e1da706ddcc26e60d29e2c2.jpg
1000 x 488 - 37K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,122

Mesh to Volume Might be a way to do this. Dress and pose your figure, convert to volume, convert them back to mesh. I don't know if it will preserve any of the textures (I can't see how it could), so you may have to do some hand-painting in Blender or such. 

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537

Rather than character textures try a variety of plastic shaders. Look for old hair (if there are any still in the store) because these are sometimes solid volumes instead of strands. 

• murgatroyd314 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lorez

I have the same question for a different reason; I'm considering adding a woodcarving to a scene but it's not a "life-size" prop. It's a miniature. A lo-rez firgue might be good for this but I've never used them and the product pages above say they're for Poser. What clothing is compatible with these? I built this project concept around this dress: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-bliaut-for-genesis-8-females with the figure posed like the one below (but I'm also having trouble with dForce frown

So if I can ever get it all worked out figure-wise and clothing-wise, then I have to scale it down and blend the textures with whatever object it will be "carved" from, with the textures scaled uniformly. Is Lorez a good solution?

• The LoRez figures have their own mesh and rigging. The only compatible clothing is the stuff made for them (and included in their products/bundles).

As Poser figures they work in Daz Studio, though textures may need tweaking, but they won't take Genesis clothing (unless someone has built a clone for them?)

• Thanks, Winter, but also... bummer. I'll keep a lookout for a solution.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

G8 with clothing and hair can pretty easily be taken down to 12MB's of VRAM usage when rendering Iray - No need for older or lowres characters.

• TogireTogire Posts: 402

You can also have a look at Biala "Crowd figure" at rendo. It is very low res (<2k polys/char), accepts G8 poses and (some) G8 clothing, and there is a **BIG** load of free addons by Marc Poser https://www.renderosity.com/users/marcPoser/freestuff?sort=newest&page=1

• I managed to get all seven of the figures in the image below to go into my 6Gb GTX 1060. The texturing was the same for all, and as a result the texturing VRAM for figures 2-7 was minimal.

Doing without textures and colouring by diffuse only would look like a single colour of paint was applied and could well work. Using decimator enough times after posing the character would eventually get to the point of looking like model railway figures. If the 17k facets of G8 were taken to 500-1000 facets, then that would loose a fair bit of the shaping and start to make the character look like a fairly crudely carved model railway figure, then coupled with single colour for the diffuse & no textures, I think you'd be getting close to model railway figures.

For the small decorative carving. I suspect the wood texture would be so large in comparison to the geometry, you need not worry unduly about it if the carving head is at base resolution. You would save more VRAM by halving the texture resolution from say 2k-1k than you could be saving by deleting all geometry at base resolution.

Regards,

Richard

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

Sfariah said:

I was thinking.  Some people like keeping train sets with detailed miniature towns and places.  Those places have little miniatures people in them.  I know there is a lot of high rez and high detail people for Daz Studio and Poser, but what about figures of people who are meant to be figurines.  Especially ones for those miniature towns that have those little trains on those tiny train tracks.

Basically purposefully low rez people who are supposed to be figurines of people

you have mentioned owning Zbrush in the past 

export your clothed posed figure as an obj

import it draw it and use the edit mode and near the bottom of the tools is unified skin

make unified skin and choose the result 

you should then choose geometry Zremesher and do it

under Zplugin tab choose UV master and unwrap it

you now have a little plastic figurine like mesh

you can then polypaint it and create texture from polypaint

if you want to be fancy  render your original front and back in DAZ 

import to Texture add to Spotlight 

subdivide your mesh

line it up and polypaint that image on

remember to set subdivision to lowest after creating the texture from polypaint before exporting the obj

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

There is the option of searching for "low poly people 3D" at turbosquid