Anatomy and Genitalia on adult G8 and G8.1 models

WedgeWedge Posts: 10
edited April 12 in New Users

Hello community!

I have got a question about G8 and G8.1 models.

The anatomy seems to be incomplete somehow.

Is there a product I can buy, to make missing parts available to all my models, like an adaptable feature to put on?

If yes, which would be the best (most complete) product on the shop?

Thank you for your help!

Post edited by Wedge on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

If you're talking about Daz provided genitals :

- Both male and female geograft genitals are made to be welded perfectly to their respective wireframe. So G8/G8.1 genitals can be use on absolutely ALL models from the 8th generation.

- Male and female Daz genitals necessitate textures as the mesh UVs are a separate and specific UDIM (torso, legs, arms, face, etc... and genitals). Textures are available in Pro Daz Bundles. Some other content creators on the Daz Store sometimes provide extra textures with their male or female morphs.

If yes, which would be the best (most complete) product on the shop?

You'll most likely find what you're looking for on more specialized websites such as Renderotica.

I strongly advice :

- XY and XY HDM (DB XXX) for male genitalia geograft.

-  New Gens For Victoria 8 (3feetwolf) for female genitalia geograft.

Both those bundles provide excellent results out of the box. And they can be completed by a long list of uselful add-ons by Zev0 and other content creators. New Gens For Victoria 8 provides a script that will auto-texture female genitals so that their color blends perfectly with the rest of the torso, for absolutely any Genesis 8/8.1 female. XY and XY HDM have also their own UDIM UV. Some texures are provided to mix and match the color until it blends properly with the torso.

Avoid (just a personal opinion) equivalent products by Meipe. Morphs are really weird and those bundles are more a source of issues than creative fun.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • WedgeWedge Posts: 10
    edited April 12

Thank you very much for this detailed answer!

I appreciate your advice very much.

Post edited by Wedge on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,428

You only get them with the Pro G8 bundle and I believe a couple other figures of that generation. In character packs you won't get them but in some you will get textures for them.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,540

The actual models of the (DAZ) genitals can not be bought, but they can be received as a bonus item on some non-toon adult bundles, look for "Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements" and "Genesis 8 Male Anatomical Elements" under "What's Included and Features" on the product page.

If the "What's Included and Features" says just "Anatomical Elements Material Preset", then the actual model for the genitals is not included, but only the materials for one.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 505
    edited September 2022

Victoria 8.1 Loving Life bundle looks like a good choice, as it includes both make and female anatomical elements (at least as described on the product page). Other 8.1 bundles (like the Bonnie 8.1 Roaring Twenties Bundle) also include the anatomical elements. 

Here is a link that filters the store to the Daz Original bundles. While there are more than just core characters, you can use it to look for one that you like, then check to make sure it has the anatomical elements.

https://www.daz3d.com/people-and-wearables-bundles#index=80&filtered=1

Here is the Bonnie 8.1 What's Included listing as an example of what to look for. The anatomical elements are usually listed at the end of the list:

included screenshot.png
    2773 x 251 - 66K
    Post edited by Chezjuan on
  • WedgeWedge Posts: 10

Alright, I understand!

Thank you very much for your help!

• Like frank0314 said with "Pro G8 bundle" you get the actual genitalia that will show up in the anatomy section of DAZ Studio. It is important to know you only get these in the adult versions of G8 Pro like Victoria 8 Pro and Michael 8 Pro, if you buy a teenage Pro bundle (like Teen Raven Pro) it will NOT contain the (anatomy section) actual genitalia. Practically speaking you only need two adult versions of G8 Pro (1 x male and 1 x female) to cover your entire G8 library; in essence you would have to do the same for G3 (should you use that) that comes with its own adult versions of G3 Pro. Daz Victoria Pro and Daz Michael Pro are your safest bets but other DAZ adult Pro’s should work too but I stick to what I know. G8 can be forced to work on G3 but some weird problems can occur that I'll leave to your imagination. I was delighted when I finally had the adult male and female G8 and G3 Pro versions.

As for the anatomical elements ("a.e.") that many figures that you buy in the DS shop have, it has already been explained, these contain the materials that will provide the "skin" of the actual genitalia; so first you would apply the genitalia from the central Anatomy section, this will result in a "Genesis 8 Female Genitalia" or "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia" node in your figure (and a metal like outline of the selected genitalia); and then you select this node and double click anatomical elements from your figure, and the metal like outline of the selected genitalia will be covered with skin material identical to the rest of your figure. Some skin materials, often with “full” in their name cover both the figure and the a.e. in one go.

A substantial amount of figures that you buy in the DS shop have no anatomical elements*; you can still give them the actual genitalia from the central Anatomy section; you can subsequently try (the skin material) from the anatomical elements of a different figure but you'll find that almost always there is an annoying color difference. The easiest (but radical) solution for this is to apply the Materials --> (skin) MAT from a figure like Michael 8 (that has the anatomical elements) on the (gender corresponding) figure that has no anatomical elements, then follow up by adding the actual genitalia from the central Anatomy section and then applying the Michael 8 anatomical elements to the newly formed "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia" node. With this simple workaround you can give any ('human') Gen8 figure genitalia.
    * whereas some signature figures have both Male Anatomical Elements and Female Anatomical Elements like the wonderful Catty.

Obviously using a different skin on a figure will also change the look of that figure, sometimes quite dramatically. There are cases in which the end result is (surprisingly) way better than the original figure, sometimes it just looks different. The good news is you can cycle through your entire library of Gen8 figures that have anatomical elements and apply their skins and a.e. to your figure. until you come up with a result that you like. As for makeup, unless you use L.I.E. material usually you can only use the stuff that came with your a.e. "donor" figure, if you use the makeup of your original figure it may look bad.

As for the shape and other attributes of genitalia, the DAZ shop has some products that provide a few sliders for that, like zev0 "Shape Shift". A website like Renderotica has stuff that either works with the official DS anatomical elements/anatomy (but you still would have to have a Pro bundle [see above] and a figure with a.e.) and it also has products that provide 'exotic' proprietary solutions (often no DAZ Pro bundle required). In my experience the official DS stuff, enhanced with a couple of sliders will suit most purposes. Quite a few Renderotica products turn out to be a waste of money, esp. color options are often woefully inadequate.

Some DS developers provide their figures with "Genital hair" and usually you can apply that material to almost any other ('human') DS figure within the same gender and generation, so it pays to look for that when browsing the materials of a figure you want to buy so you build a small collection of that particular resource (unfortunately most look exactly the same apart from color aspects, but there are a few different shapes to be found).

• hansolocambo said:

You'll most likely find what you're looking for on more specialized websites such as Renderotica.

I strongly advice :

-  New Gens For Victoria 8 (3feetwolf) for female genitalia geograft.

New Gens For Victoria 8 provides a script that will auto-texture female genitals so that their color blends perfectly with the rest of the torso, for absolutely any Genesis 8/8.1 female.

I agree, it works with any G3F or G8F characters, could be the best thing to purchase at renderotica. 3feetwolf keeps helping customers on the renderotica forums, wich is a rare feature in the Daz Studio content creators sphere... Just dreaming of a "New Gens For Victoria 9" by 3feetwolf!

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111

Having expressed my appreciation for Catty 8.1 in this thread, it turns out that I can’t get her "Male Anatomical Elements" to look normal and the usual parameter/morph sliders won't work (apart from one or two exceptions).on those genitalia.  

Let me explain: Catty 8.1 like Nishi and Hans 8.1 and a few others has two types of anatomical elements:

01 Female Anatomical Elements
    02 Male Anatomical Elements

On applying the "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia" from the central Smart Content "Anatomy" section on the Catty figure, the (sometimes 'dreaded') "Auto-Fit" popup appears asking you "What figure was the item originally designed for?". It's obvious that according the system Catty is a female figure. Within the autofit dialog you (basically have to) choose "Genesis 8 Male" which results in the figure getting the "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia" node (so far so good) that you apply one of two "Male Gens" materials to from the Catty figure. However, the end result does not quite look like the usual "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia" (let's say it is anatomically odd) and like I said the usual parameter/morph sliders won't work (apart from one or two exceptions) on those male genitalia. Products like "Transgender Shapes for Genesis 8" and "Genesis 8 UV Swap: Male and Female Base" don't seem to have any impact on this particular problem.

My question: How do you get the "Male Anatomical Elements" to look 'normal' with a figure like Catty that pretty much uniquely have their own Male and Female Anatomical Elements?

• Are you sure you are using Genesis 8.1 Male Genitals for Female? Should be categorised as Anatomy>External

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,540

Federmann said:

My question: How do you get the "Male Anatomical Elements" to look 'normal' with a figure like Catty that pretty much uniquely have their own Male and Female Anatomical Elements?

You need to load "Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia for Female" instead of "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia"

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure you are using Genesis 8.1 Male Genitals for Female? Should be categorised as Anatomy>External

Thx. Nishi comes with 8 and 8.1 figure, so I was expecting that "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia" would work on her 8 figure (it didn't), but I now realize that this feature only works in the 8.1 realm on 8.1 figures having dual anatomical elements. I kind of had forgotten about the specific Genesis 8.1 Female Genitalia for Male and Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia for Female.

Anyway, got it all working, thx 4 your suggestion!

PerttiA said:

Federmann said:

You need to load "Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia for Female" instead of "Genesis 8 Male Genitalia"

You're right didn't know it was an 8.1 "thang". Thx.