Point Me in the Right Direction?

I want to learn some basic scripting for Studio... mostly materials, like copying maps that are applied in one channel to another.

Can someone point me to some examples or tutorials?

I've done some extensive scripting in JavaScript and VBScript, decades of experience... so its not new to me, exactly. But I am way out of practice.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Probably the best source is to be spending time going through the threads here...

Rob, Richard and others usually have quite a few examples and have provided many links to the online documentation.

• Also, try saving some presets in the deprecatd script formats and picking those apart - it's not as illuminating as it once was since some of the stuff that was in the scripts has now been rolled up into a function supplied by DS but it should still help.

• djigneodjigneo Posts: 283

Check the Material deep copy example. That should get you pretty close from your description. From there it'll just be finding the specific properties you wish to copy and only copying those over.

If you ask a more specific question I may be able to help you further.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

I've learned a bunch just poking through the scripts on mCasual's Daz Scripts.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577
    edited September 2015

Double Post deleted

Post edited by Esemwy on