Sequencer panel pains

Hello, can somebody please show me how I can do the following:?

1. When a parent , such as a hand, is selected, and I want to create a defalt keyframe for this and all of its children (fungers), in one click?

2. Is there a way to determine the existence of any hidden keyframes in children tracks? Often my animation gets messed up because I did not know there were hidden keyframes in tracks that were not collapsed (twirled down). When all the tracks are closed, one only sees the top most keyframes!

Please  - I am losing much productive time, and my deadline is drawing near.

Comments

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839

I'm not the best person to help with this but I had a quick look at a scene I'm using at the moment to check something.

There is an 'Animate' button at the top left of the sequencer.  When you click it the text (the word 'Animate') goes from black to white and vice versa.

I only tried with making adjustments to Camera1 but this is what I observed:

When the text on the button (the word 'Animate') is black, then keyframes are not generated automatically.  To make a keyframe, I need to press the keyframe button (the one with a key symbol) and then a keyframe will appear.  I think that all parts lower in an object's hierarchy, such as the fingers of a hand would also be keyframed but I haven't checked. 

When the text on the button is white, keyframes are generated automatically.

I can't help you with quickly seeing all the hidden keyframes that you find when you expand a selected item.  What I'm hoping is that you might find it possible to avoid such unwanted keyframes for the rest of your project by choosing when you want them to be recorded rather than have them record automatically.

Be warned, though, that you need to keep remembering when you want a keyframe to be saved if you go by the method of pressing the 'key' button.  Imagine advancing along the time-line, making changes, only to realize that vital keyframes weren't captured!

I hope more experienced users can add to this or correct anything I've been wrong about.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

These two problems were always a pita for me and I never found any solutions.