Daz File Location

I spent years manually installing my Daz files to MyDocuments/Daz Studio.  The last few years I've used the Daz Install Manager.  I now have two separate file locations when I start Daz Studio.  I'd like to consolidate them.  Where would I find the files installed by the Daz Install Manager?  Thanks

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

I know Daz files are not a Bryce thing but I'm thinking of actually doing a picture for the challenge and need an animal to import.

• Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 141
    edited September 2022

Have you tried "bridge" between Bryce and DAZ Studio instead of trying to import files?

I usually do it like this:

1. Start Bryce

2. Make a cube

3. Select it and choose "Send to Daz Studio"

4. Which makes Daz Studio being launched and you see cube from Bryce over there.

5. Delete cubes both in Studio and Bryce

6. Load needed figure in Daz, select it and then do "Send to Bryce" 

7. Enjoy

If you have two different DAZ Studio installed at same time (e.g. you have beta version of Studio as well), to make Bryce decide which to use, you can just launch and then close the needed version of Daz Studio before the whole procedure. As Bryce seems to remember which Studio was used in your OS the last time. 

Post edited by Past as Future on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

That's a great way to get a figure into Bryce, thank you.  I'll give that a try.

I still need to consolidate both of my Daz Studio locations.  I'll ask over in DS forum.  Cheers!