FANTASY SKINS 8.1 [Commercial]

Cake OneCake One Posts: 381
edited September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

You've been waiting for it for a long time and it took a long time to develop due to the nature of PBR shader.
V3Digitimes and myself  are happy to present you the new version of FANTASY SKINS, specially crafted for Genesis 8.1.

We know Genesis 9 is right around the corner but we also know we all have a HUGE library of awesome 8.1 characters that deserve that brilliant treatment.

So what did we cook for you?

• 1 Fantasy Skins for Genesis 8.1 Male(s)
  • 1 Fantasy Skins for Genesis 8.1 Female(s)
  • 1 Fantasy Skins Special presets specifically designed for Victoria 8.1 

And a bundle to rule them all !

Fantasy Skins for Genesis 8.1 Bundle

Need a red devil?
A black demon?
A green superhero?

The Fantasy Skins for Genesis 8.1 sets will provide you with all you need to make great fantasy creatures using any of your existing Genesis 8.1 characters and their original texture sets, providing more than two hundred presets, to begin with.

Even better: based on a unique shader mixer shader, you can access even more skin configurations using four layer blending effects, each effect allowing you to choose more than 26 blending modes (amongst them hue and saturation), and using two additional effects on the translucency color. Play with these effects in the surfaces editor, or simply load the existing presets and tools, it's up to you!

Adjust everything with the included Builder Tools! The figure is too dark? Is it too blue? Not enough green? Play with the incremental builder tools to increase the lightness, reduce the blue, increase the green, etc, of your current skin. They will iteratively adjust the lightness and the color of your figure to your taste.

Once the base skin is set up, you can, if you want, customize your fantasy characters in very unique and characteristic ways using the additional Top Coat options (two additional topcoat layers are included), Flakes options, Eyes options, and Nails options. Additional tools allow you to transfer skin settings to any geograft element including Anatomical Elements.

With more than 250 full presets to start with, which can all be altered by the builder tools and completed with tens of additional effects options, the only limit is your imagination.

So, let's bring all those creatures to life!

Those products will be released very soon.
If you have any question about it, please, feel free to ask them here and we'll answer the best we can.

FS81 Female Popup 02.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81 Female Popup 04.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81 Male Main 01.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81 Male Popup 02.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81-BUNDLE-MAIN.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81 FeMale Popup 06.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81-Victoria-Popup-08C.jpg
2491 x 2600 - 2M
FS81 Male Popup 05.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81-Female-MAIN-01.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81-Victoria Popup 05.jpg.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81 Female Popup 05.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81 Male Popup 04.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81 Male Popup 03.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
FS81-Popup-Addon PI Males 01.png
1300 x 1000 - 2M
FS81-Popup-Addon PI Males 11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 788K
FS81-Popup-Addon PI Females 04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 581K
FS81-Popup-Addon PI Females 05.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 491K
FS81-Victoria MAIN.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81-Victoria Popup 04.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
FS81-Victoria Popup 03.jpg.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
Post edited by Cake One on

Comments

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I really enjoyed the version of this product for G8 and I'm interested in picking it up, but probably can't afford to buy anything that won't also work on G9. The shader sounds really interesting, but do the material settings depend on having the correct target figure selected/specific UVs? I expect the answer is yes since there are male and female versions, but I do a bunch of customization stuff that's kind of squirrely and if the settings could be applied to G9 skin surfaces via a manual copy > paste workaround or something that would definitely make it worth grabbing. 

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Hi Plasma_ring!

The reason for a male or female depends on uv set for makeup, and on development reasons, since the female base shader was widely remade to work great on the males too.  As G9 is not released yet, we are waiting to have enough G9 figures to see if/how both Daz and PAs adjust their shader settings and texture set properties on the mid-term. I already experienced such a phenomenon with previous figure generation change, so we need more G9 figures to be able to optimize or shader (other improvements will be brought) for the next generation. So the plan is to wait for several figures to be released, improve the actual shader even more (we already have ideas for that) and optimize it for G9. This is planned to be released in 2023, not before.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,781

Very nice and I am glad, it is released before Genesis 9 appeareance.

I am tempting to get it, but who knows....

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Lovely!

• Cake OneCake One Posts: 381

Greybro said:

Lovely!

Thank you !!!

• Cake OneCake One Posts: 381

Artini said:

Very nice and I am glad, it is released before Genesis 9 appeareance.

I am tempting to get it, but who knows....

Thank you.

If you gave any question, please feel free to ask. 

V3Digitimes said:

Hi Plasma_ring!

The reason for a male or female depends on uv set for makeup, and on development reasons, since the female base shader was widely remade to work great on the males too.  As G9 is not released yet, we are waiting to have enough G9 figures to see if/how both Daz and PAs adjust their shader settings and texture set properties on the mid-term. I already experienced such a phenomenon with previous figure generation change, so we need more G9 figures to be able to optimize or shader (other improvements will be brought) for the next generation. So the plan is to wait for several figures to be released, improve the actual shader even more (we already have ideas for that) and optimize it for G9. This is planned to be released in 2023, not before.

Sweet, thank you for the answer! 

• Hey, the asset looks amazing as always! Sadly, I don't have too much G8.1 in my library (and I don't see that changing any time soon, given recent developments), so could you please summarize what this could bring to the table for a mainly G8 library when I already have the previous one? I adore what you always do with the fantasy skins, but I admit I'm a bit out of touch at the moment.

Hi Plasma, thanks for your understanding!

Uthgard, if you are using mainly G8 figures and you already have the older version of the product (the one for G8), then there is no need for you to have the Genesis 8.1 version. You can just keep your Genesis 8 library when you need a fantasy skins :) Even if still retro compatible with Genesis 8, this "8.1" version was made and optimized for 8.1 and PRBSkin, whereas the "8" version was made and optimized for Iray Uber (most commonly used shader for Genesis 8).

• Thank you for clarifying; I'll keep it on my wishlist in case I ever expand my 8.1 library :)

No problem, I was glad to help!

I picked up the male version and I've been having a lot of fun playing with the shader! If you collect creature skins it's really fantastic for expanding the variety you can get out of them. I did some experiments to see how much I could change Fiore's skins just by changing the first three blending modes and got some pretty wild results. 

blendingmodes01.png
    3943 x 1866 - 7M
    blendingmodes02.png
    3943 x 1866 - 7M
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,727
    edited October 2022

Oh that is wonderful and fascinating. I got the bundle and haven't done anything that good, but I liked what I did.

Walk in Bluebell Wood Interrupted.png
    2000 x 2000 - 8M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • I'm having some issues with getting it to work with Iray. Is there something special I have to do? Using 8.1 figures, the colour is correct for PBR but void black in Iray.

I'm using 4.15 still, do I need to upgrade?

edited October 2022

plasma_ring said:

I picked up the male version and I've been having a lot of fun playing with the shader! If you collect creature skins it's really fantastic for expanding the variety you can get out of them. I did some experiments to see how much I could change Fiore's skins just by changing the first three blending modes and got some pretty wild results. 

Thanks a lot for this feedback! I'm soooo happy to see you playing with the different modes!! I feared that people would only use the presets, and that nobody would see how much more things could be done ! And there you are, playing with modes! So happy!

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

memcneil70 said:

Oh that is wonderful and fascinating. I got the bundle and haven't done anything that good, but I liked what I did.

Thanks for sharing this image! I'm glad you like it!
    edited October 2022

ramasters said:

I'm having some issues with getting it to work with Iray. Is there something special I have to do? Using 8.1 figures, the colour is correct for PBR but void black in Iray.

I'm using 4.15 still, do I need to upgrade?

Yes, it probably comes from the fact your Daz Studio version is too old. I saw in the log file that now shader bricks include the version number, and it could explain why you cannot use it on your older Daz Studio. Please note that you are not forced to upgrade your Daz Studio if you don't want to, you can just install the Daz Studio Public Build in addition to your Daz Studio 4.15 "normal build"- and use the public build for these skins. (In brief with the public and the normal build you can have 2 versions of Daz). Let me know if you still have an issue, but so far, no similar issue has been reported... Actually, no issue at all has been reported.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • Thank you! I downloaded the public beta and it worked like a charm, so I guess this is the thing that finally gets me to upgrade. Thank you!

This looks great! The skin effects are really good for giving an otherworldly feeling. :D

Thanks a lot for this feedback! I'm soooo happy to see you playing with the different modes!! I feared that people would only use the presets, and that nobody would see how much more things could be done ! And there you are, playing with modes! So happy!

The shader is fantastic and I keep finding new ways to mess with things! I'd encourage anyone who is comfortable with the settings tab to give it a try. :D Also, the script that applies the settings to any geograft is super handy!

plasma_ring said:

memcneil70 said:

This looks great! The skin effects are really good for giving an otherworldly feeling. :D

V3Digitimes said:

The shader is fantastic and I keep finding new ways to mess with things! I'd encourage anyone who is comfortable with the settings tab to give it a try. :D Also, the script that applies the settings to any geograft is super handy!
    I just saw your answer today! Thanks a lot, I told to myself that with fantasy figures using the "gentialia" transfer tools would not be enough because the figures might have other strange things geocrafted on them. I'm glad you appreciate the effort! And thanks again for the nice words about the shader, veeeery long hours and days and weeks of work to create and optimise it. And the Genesis 9 one should be even better (if the shader mixer allows me what I want, because sometimes - often - it does not allow me to do everything I need).