AMD Rendering

With NVidia constantly moving to price many of their card out of reach of the average consumer, It would be nice to see technology other than I-Ray available to DAZ Studio users. Daz Studio Does make other render engines available to its users. AMD's Pro-Render is an open-source PBR render engine similar to I-RAY.  Creating a Pro-Render addon would open on GPU rendering to users who cannot afford the now overpriced Nvidia gpus, and available to AMD GPU owners.

Comments

• rcourtri_789f4b1c6brcourtri_789f4b1c6b Posts: 254
    edited September 2022

wulfshad0w007 said:

With NVidia constantly moving to price many of their card out of reach of the average consumer, It would be nice to see technology other than I-Ray available to DAZ Studio users. Daz Studio Does make other render engines available to its users. AMD's Pro-Render is an open-source PBR render engine similar to I-RAY.  Creating a Pro-Render addon would open on GPU rendering to users who cannot afford the now overpriced Nvidia gpus, and available to AMD GPU owners.

I don't think we've ever heard from Daz as to whether their arrangements with nVidia involve some type of exclusivity or non-competition conditions.  I believe ProRender is not only neutral as to GPU and CPU brands, but also operating system (Windows, macOS, or Linux). I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be happier with wider choices when shopping for hardware.  

Post edited by rcourtri_789f4b1c6b on
  • Even if Daz cannot, or chooses not to, create a Pro Render plug-in the tools are available for others to do so.