How to prevent this when rigging.

I always have the problem when rigging that parts of the figure are torn apart when moving afterwards. Is it possible to influence this, if so how does it work?

Posing- Fail.jpg
1000 x 750 - 62K
Grundpose.jpg
1000 x 750 - 46K
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-02 um 17.26.57.png
1232 x 922 - 423K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited October 2022

weightpainting

I find it easier in C8.1 if you have it C8.5 is triax and a pain in the bum

I just cannot surprise

otherwise C7 wink

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 308

WendyLuvsCatz said:

weightpainting

I find it easier in C8.1 if you have it C8.5 is triax and a pain in the bum

I just cannot surprise

otherwise C7 wink

unfortunately I only have the Car 8.5 otherwise no Carrara version. Is there a guide that addresses the issue. I'm at the very beginning I don't know what to look for. Or is it better to switch to DS rigging there and then importing to Carrara. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited October 2022

Here is a thread dedicated to rigging and weightmapping.  The third post in the thread has links to youtube tutorials and similar.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/233691/rigging-models-for-use-in-carrara/p1

cripeman tutorials.jpg
    940 x 882 - 123K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

Here is a thread dedicated to rigging and weightmapping.  The third post in the thread has links to youtube tutorials and similar.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/233691/rigging-models-for-use-in-carrara/p1

thank you. :) that is it . great.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

unfortunately Cripeman's tutorial doesn't use the very annoying C8.5 indecision

you can do it but it's harder as the mesh disappears and pops into the base pose along the timeline if using animation to find pulling but what's being painted doesn't .

worse there are x,y,z, +/-, bulge and scale and painting one doesn't do the others 

It worked :) It's true that it's a bit fiddly. I haven't rigged all the little things, but it's enough for my purposes

Mumie v1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 40K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Looks fantastic.  Glad it worked out.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Diomede said:

Looks fantastic.  Glad it worked out.

+1 yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Khoe said:

It worked :) It's true that it's a bit fiddly. I haven't rigged all the little things, but it's enough for my purposes

great job.... boning and weight painting ... gotta love it yes 

Oh Thank's at all
    the Rigging is not perfekt but i learn a lot here :)