anyone purchased the 'Creating Your First High Quality 3D Prop' ?

Has anyone got this and used the tutorials?: https://www.daz3d.com/creating-your-first-high-quality-3d-prop

I am considering getting it but I'm really not sure if it would be too complex for me and if  'Substance Painter 2020' is free. It seems not and you seem to need this to complete this tutorial. Anyone give me any views here please? I am wanting to be able to start to slowly progress to create good quality props in Blender eventually for Daz. thx.

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited October 2022

Be patient, and first learn modeling with the powerful free Blender. Read or watch free tutorials, Be patient again. Learn Gimp or Photoshop to manipulate images and turn them into textures. Be patient, Learn about what's an UV map and how to generate it in Blender. Be patient... Have a try to the free time limited trial version of Substance Painter, but you can survive without it.

Be patient, and keep in mind that creating good quality 3D content is like a job you have to learn (actually it is a real job),  wich can mean years of trying, fail, retry, and sometimes be successful.

Most of the 3D Content creators never went to an expensive Graphic Arts School, but they often share their (good or bad) experiences on the internet and that's good news.

Believe me, free tutorials are often better than the paid ones, But you'll have to sort by yourself wich ones are trash and wich ones really help. Be patient...

Read the forums, feel free to ask questions, but please give feedback if you find an helpful answer (or not). Trying to help and never knowing if it helped is very frustrating for the many people that give answers in the forums.

I started to make dForce Hair Props a year ago, and I'm proud to tell I now sell two dForce Hair props in my Renderosity store. My first product took eight months of work before I decided to submit it to the Rendo tesitng staff.

Be patient and learn, That's what I do everyday. So called 3D "Gurus" are still learning and helping us.

Be patient

Regards,

Rosseliani

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • I would say that Blender is going to be the bigger challenge. If you can get comfortable with that, and feel that you are ready to move onto texturing then Substance painter should be the easier of the two to pick up, so fortunately, you will have time to play around and decide before committing yourself.
  • DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 459

rosseliani said:

Be patient, and first learn modeling with the powerful free Blender. Read or watch free tutorials, Be patient again. Learn Gimp or Photoshop to manipulate images and turn them into textures. Be patient, Learn about what's an UV map and how to generate it in Blender. Be patient... Have a try to the free time limited trial version of Substance Painter, but you can survive without it.

Be patient, and keep in mind that creating good quality 3D content is like a job you have to learn (actually it is a real job),  wich can mean years of trying, fail, retry, and sometimes be successful.

Most of the 3D Content creators never went to an expensive Graphic Arts School, but they often share their (good or bad) experiences on the internet and that's good news.

Believe me, free tutorials are often better than the paid ones, But you'll have to sort by yourself wich ones are trash and wich ones really help. Be patient...

Read the forums, feel free to ask questions, but please give feedback if you find an helpful answer (or not). Trying to help and never knowing if it helped is very frustrating for the many people that give answers in the forums.

I started to make dForce Hair Props a year ago, and I'm proud to tell I now sell two dForce Hair props in my Renderosity store. My first product took eight months of work before I decided to submit it to the Rendo tesitng staff.

Be patient and learn, That's what I do everyday. So called 3D "Gurus" are still learning and helping us.

Be patient

Regards,

Rosseliani

this is helpful advice thanks. I need to really focus on what to do moreso more now than ever I feel.