Commercial Airliner Interior [Commercial]

Comments

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited November 2022

Does anyone know where first-class put their overhead luggage?

I think they just put it on the floor under the desk or something.

Post edited by acharyapolina on
    edited November 2022

Ok, so here is the first-class cabin. It comes with a movable and rotating first-class chair, with an adjustable seatbelt. The Room has an animated door, laptop tray pullout, and a small cabinet you can place small objects in. Then a foldout bed that has a bed cover that will extend for covering your characters while asleep.

The room also has a large TV screen and a small counter that comes with an expensive bottle of wine, bottled water, and a nice shampoo kit, complete with face cream, shampoo, and conditioner, plus a bag. By AirBoss. Also a set of folded Pajamas.

Included will be an dForce outfit for Genesis 9 character of AirBoss PJs

As well as regular travel magazines, safety paper, etc... and a pair of wireless Headphones.

Room1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 68K
    room2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 102K
    room3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 157K
    room4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 156K
    room5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 122K
    room6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 201K
    room7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 199K
    room8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 353K
    room9.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 83K
    room10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 131K
    pjs.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 479K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

acharyapolina said:

First-class is the same as the rest of the plane. There are overhead bins. Sometimes, if there's space, luggage from people further back can be put in the overhead bins in first class.

• vwrangler said:

acharyapolina said:

First-class is the same as the rest of the plane. There are overhead bins. Sometimes, if there's space, luggage from people further back can be put in the overhead bins in first class.

Cool. Thanks :)

• In the first class areas I have worked on there were quite a lot of storage wardrobes, no taller than shoulder high on a short-ish person. The stylists had a stong emphasis on 'long distance sight lines' for standing and privacy for seated passengers. The angled 'J' seats had triangular filler wardrobes to use up the spaces otherwise wasted by the first & last angle. 

There were bar areas offered (B747) where the the bar steward stood on one side of an 8ft x 4ft bar, sink just in front of their work space, monolithic anodised aluminium top including sink. All drinks in a display cabinet behind, three fixed single pole stools on the passenger side, screened off from the rest of the first class passengers by a flat screen TV wall. Then on the outboard side of the two aisles were little 'snug' areas for two passengers to sip drinks facing each other (no seat belts, not for use in turbulance or take off/landing). I did FEA models for all these things, but it was modelled at panel centrelines not surfaces.

One bar I stressed in 2006 was like the attached image: This had a drinks cabinet behind and the thin flap on the far side was a single 3/4" thick hinged access panel. There was downwash lighting between the two moulded steps in the horseshoe.

Regards,

Richard

Bar.jpg
    705 x 591 - 37K
  • richardandtracy said:

In the first class areas I have worked on there were quite a lot of storage wardrobes, no taller than shoulder high on a short-ish person. The stylists had a stong emphasis on 'long distance sight lines' for standing and privacy for seated passengers. The angled 'J' seats had triangular filler wardrobes to use up the spaces otherwise wasted by the first & last angle. 

There were bar areas offered (B747) where the the bar steward stood on one side of an 8ft x 4ft bar, sink just in front of their work space, monolithic anodised aluminium top including sink. All drinks in a display cabinet behind, three fixed single pole stools on the passenger side, screened off from the rest of the first class passengers by a flat screen TV wall. Then on the outboard side of the two aisles were little 'snug' areas for two passengers to sip drinks facing each other (no seat belts, not for use in turbulance or take off/landing). I did FEA models for all these things, but it was modelled at panel centrelines not surfaces.

One bar I stressed in 2006 was like the attached image: This had a drinks cabinet behind and the thin flap on the far side was a single 3/4" thick hinged access panel. There was downwash lighting between the two moulded steps in the horseshoe.

Regards,

Richard

Awesome information, thank you so much Richard, Will think about including it.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

One minor nit: the view out of the window from the first-class cabin shows the rear of the wing. In all the aircraft I've flown on, first class was located toward the front of the plane; it was economy passengers (like me) who ended up staring at the back of the wing. First-class passengers would normally get an unobstructed view of the sky.

Admittedly, I don't think I've ever flown on an aircraft that had a separate individual cabin for first-class passengers -- I think that may be only on a few long-haul flights to Asia -- so maybe the configuration is different. But it's probably something to check.

• bytescapes said:

One minor nit: the view out of the window from the first-class cabin shows the rear of the wing. In all the aircraft I've flown on, first class was located toward the front of the plane; it was economy passengers (like me) who ended up staring at the back of the wing. First-class passengers would normally get an unobstructed view of the sky.

Admittedly, I don't think I've ever flown on an aircraft that had a separate individual cabin for first-class passengers -- I think that may be only on a few long-haul flights to Asia -- so maybe the

configuration is different. But it's probably something to check.

I think you were looking at the Air TV screen showing the airline wing. It is the TV screen in First class. In these renders, I did not set up any wings to be viewed from the windows. :D

• Here is infos on the new seatings of Lufthansa including First Class Suite concept:
    https://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/newsroom/releases/lufthansa-offers-suite-concept-in-first-and-business-class-for-the-first-time.html

You might think about adding more windows to give the thing more air and lightness and probably think about splitting textures and brighten the upper part.

• Some of those images are quite deceptive. The frame and therefore window pitch on the A380/340/330/320/319/B747/757/767/737 is 20" on each and every one, regardless of what the Lufthansa image seems to show. The lens must have been equivalent to a 20mm or less on a 35mm film camera. Regards, Richard.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

acharyapolina said:

I crossed my million air mile mark a few years ago and First Class and Businesst First cabins have the same overhead storage bins as any other section, though the front few bins may be slightly larger on the really small regional jets and commuter planes from companies like Bombadier.  Byeyond that, there's always a full length storage closet by the front galley for coats and outsized carry ons, and the front row "bulkhead" seats may or may nor have a small cutout area at the foot of the galley partition bulkhead if they're directly in front of the first row of seats, plus a row of hanging folder-like pouches at or near near floor level to replace the storage pouches that are normally on the back of the preceding passenger.  

• Thank you all for your valuable input. :)

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

acharyapolina said:

bytescapes said:

One minor nit: the view out of the window from the first-class cabin shows the rear of the wing.

I think you were looking at the Air TV screen showing the airline wing. It is the TV screen in First class. In these renders, I did not set up any wings to be viewed from the windows. :D

You're right. That's exactly what I was doing. Sorry, objection withdrawn.

I didn't even know AirTV was a thing: spot the guy who flies economy everywhere. :-) I have technically flown business class a handful of times, but that was paid for by work and was only because all the seats on the helicopter were theoretically "business class".

edited December 2022

I'm almost completed with the whole set. and will submit it to PASS for their approval.

So this is what the dForce airline stewardess outfit will look like. For genesis 9

Stew1.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 144K
  • Personally I think it would be a shame to add a bit of skimpwear to what is shaping up to be a superb product.

Pick a couple of airlines and Google their crew uniforms. They are almost universally business attire but in company colours - a knee length dress with nylons (trousers are often allowed these days) and a blouse for the female crew. a business suit for the male crew. Female uniform often includes a neckerchief or crevat, ties for the men. Cabin crew also wear flat shoes, not high heels, for fairly obvious reasons although some airlines still insist on making their crew walk to and from the aircraft in heels.

The cabin looks so good that I think you'd spoil it a bit by adding a party dress and calling it a uniform...

Not a deal breaker for me by any means but the outfit would go unused. It's a definite buy for me when its released!

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

Two things I noticed - there are too many overhead blowers/lights - it's one per row of seats, not two or three, and for the budget airline look the seats need a simplified headrest without entertainment centre.

• Long haul fights, depending on the airline, people in cattle class can have an entertainment centre each. We each had our own linux based virtual machine on our last flight on an A380 (found it was linux based when my daughter's one crashed and it got stuck half way through its reboot).

Regards,

Richard 

• droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277
    edited December 2022
    I love this, do you have an Eta for this bird? As a flight attendant I can think of many scenarios where I can use this.
    Post edited by droidy001 on
  • So I thought about my Airline attendant outfit and it made more sense to have a Unasex outfit that would fit both Masculine and Feminine characters. and So I decided to go with this. It will have a bunch of color presets as well and it will be dForced.

I just made it Red White and Blue, in the picture, but you will be able to change the colors to anything you like.

man.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 247K
    woman.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 230K
  • droidy001 said:

I love this, do you have an Eta for this bird? As a flight attendant I can think of many scenarios where I can use this.

Hopefully soon. I'm working hard to get everything completed as soon as possible. The full set is almost completed. All I need to do is create some Pose presets for genesis 9 and then create a few other small in flight props and it should be ready to go. :)

richardandtracy said:

Long haul fights, depending on the airline, people in cattle class can have an entertainment centre each. We each had our own linux based virtual machine on our last flight on an A380 (found it was linux based when my daughter's one crashed and it got stuck half way through its reboot).

Regards,

Richard 

No budget airline operates A380s. Please remember, I didn't say cattle class, I said budget airline.

• droidy001 said:

Hopefully soon. I'm working hard to get everything completed as soon as possible. The full set is almost completed. All I need to do is create some Pose presets for genesis 9 and then create a few other small in flight props and it should be ready to go. :)

Thanks, really looking forward to this. As for uniform, this is something I did a while back. Bit of a kitbash but it works.
    flight.jpg
    720 x 1165 - 57K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

droidy001 said:

acharyapolina said:

droidy001 said:

Thanks, really looking forward to this. As for uniform, this is something I did a while back. Bit of a kitbash but it works.

yes That looks authentic. The others do not.

• droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277
    edited December 2022
    barbult said:

droidy001 said:

acharyapolina said:

droidy001 said:

yes That looks authentic. The others do not.

I can't remember the outfits, but there are many business options that would be suitable. Think the wings badge was a freebie somewhere, wasn't specifically for Daz. She just needs her aircraft now.
    Post edited by droidy001 on
  • Ascania said:

richardandtracy said:

Long haul fights, depending on the airline, people in cattle class can have an entertainment centre each. We each had our own linux based virtual machine on our last flight on an A380 (found it was linux based when my daughter's one crashed and it got stuck half way through its reboot).

Regards,

Richard 

No budget airline operates A380s. Please remember, I didn't say cattle class, I said budget airline.

Having booked through Jet Star's website, Jet Star being Quantas' Budget Airline, and Jet Star being the name on the invoice and credit card bill, and with a 30" seat pitch, I was under the impression we were in a budget airline cattle class. Quantas was on the fin of the A380, but not on the later A321 we went on from Singapore to Darwin. Regards, Richard.

• So the best I can do for now would be to create a material preset that takes away the screen like this. Otherwise, I would have to redo the full seat and I'm not going to be doing that. :D

Seat No Screen.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 286K
  • droidy001 said:

acharyapolina said:

droidy001 said:

Love the outfit.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

I love the project, it's way better than anything we've had in this direction so far. I don't think the steward(ess) uniform should be any priority, sexy or otherwise, I guess most of us already own something that can be rigged up to fit. Maybe just adding the cap that you already created would be quite enough. The plane and interior is SO awesome.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited January 2023

Agreed... 
    I don't think you have to include a uniform in the Airline Set... save that for a later ad on.  I wouldn't be surprised if another Vendor whose bread n' butter is clothing, wouldn't make a set... 

If I were you, I'd just get the Physical Plane together and ready to go, and then work on a texture pack add on.  It would make a great bundle with a Piolot/Co-Pilot set, Stewardess, and Poses... but stick to your strengths.

Post edited by Chumly on

acharyapolina said:

So the best I can do for now would be to create a material preset that takes away the screen like this. Otherwise, I would have to redo the full seat and I'm not going to be doing that. :D

Maybe we can use a polygon prop that just covers the screen. The screen looks recessed far enough for that to work.