wormhole animations

2»

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615

of course some may say we need to video a real wormhole and composite it in .............

I wish you wouldn't keep peeking....

Makes your proud proclamations of ignore seem a bit hollow.

• TimBoTimBo Posts: 151
    Don't like this editor too well.

I came up with a workable animation.  However, I can't seem to get the lighting to do right.  Any suggestions?

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

TimBo, do you perhaps have a screen grab or could you be a little more specific about your final set up and what kind of 'look' you want. There are probably many ways to do the lighting. In my example I used the Glow Channel of the shader for lighting.

glow.jpg
    252 x 108 - 21K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    My tests were using no lights, and just a glow channel. I used a color gradient driven by a fractal noise shader, where black had no glow and the brighter colors did glow. I also copied the noise shader and pasted it into the alpha channel, so black was clear.
    My tests were using no lights, and just a glow channel. I used a color gradient driven by a fractal noise shader, where black had no glow and the brighter colors did glow. I also copied the noise shader and pasted it into the alpha channel, so black was clear.

Ahh... now that sounds like an interesting idea if only I understood it better.  

I have seen wormhole animations where you can see the path coming.  But in those the path is really warped and twisted.  Are those twisted paths a computer function as being watched or are they set paths similar to a torus? 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    I'll have to check to see if I saved my test. I was doing about five non-computer related things and spent a couple minutes setting it up, then I went off while it rendered. It wasn't a long render, but my version with the alpha did take longer as I expected.
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

You can get a pretty good effect using the fire primitive as a flattened sphere, spinning and changing parameters and colours over time.

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited July 2015

New free animated wormhole texture over at Ren.

Post edited by stringtheory9 on