If Genesis could do this then It'd be even awesomer

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I load a morph and it changes the entire shape. Thats cool. But what I want is to select Only the hand and set it to default and it will only set that selected hand back to default shape, but the rest of the body remains as is. I don't think this would be possible but it would be cool. Also this feature would enable us to load different morphs from different shapes on selected body parts only, enabling even greater mix and match possibilities. Eg say I wanted a figure with One huge arm from Mr hyde, Id just click on arm and dial mr hype up. Now I have a mutant. See the possibilities? I know it wont happen but its nice to dream:) Reason I thought this up is because I loaded a morph but it changed both the upper and lower jaw and I wanted the lower jaw to remain default. If we had control over individual body parts when dialing morphs that will rock.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

That's how it was with Gen 4. This was especial with S4's Elite shapes to V4 where you could contour and curve specific body selections to preference as you suggested.

Either way, I absolutely agree with you. It would definitely be something I need to help me recreate the perfect legs I would always make for my A4 female characters. ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

...the Steph4 elite shapes and morphs basically allowed me to effectively turn her into the Gen4 version of Laura and the PreTeen girl.

Coupled with the S3A Morph Follower, I am also able to get decent clothing fits.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

I was just thinking about this same thing a little while ago. There are times where I would like, for example, to dial in a bit of the jaw/mouth area from Abominable, without changing the rest of the face. Maybe something like this would be possible in a future version?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

That's actually a really good idea, I think that would truely make characters of genesis unique, much like real world people... Who knows, maybe it's already being planned (Lol! I'm also wishfull thinking hehe!)

edited December 1969

Zev0... Are you making 'full body hair sets for genesis'? I'm just looking at that advert on your signature line. It looks awsome, is it fiber mesh?

edited December 1969

It would also be nice to be able to select a body part, and then apply a pose to just that, without affecting the rest of the figure.

edited December 1969

I agree, isolating a particualr region for it's preset pose from a full body pose would speed up things heaps!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    . . . what I want is to select Only the hand and set it to default and it will only set that selected hand back to default shape, but the rest of the body remains as is. I don't think this would be possible but it would be cool. Also this feature would enable us to load different morphs from different shapes on selected body parts only, enabling even greater mix and match possibilities . . .
    I was just thinking about this same thing a little while ago. There are times where I would like, for example, to dial in a bit of the jaw/mouth area from Abominable, without changing the rest of the face.

Signing onto this -- although many PAs are good about providing separate head and body morphs for their Genesis morph products, not all are, and that only goes so far. Just because the morphs for a character or creature aren't intended to be used in something else doesn't mean that five or ten percent in just a few spots couldn't help make something spectacular (even if fifty to a hundred percent used on isolated body parts would be a horrific disaster).

Also wish this could be done with poses, it'd be immensely helpful!

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

If the pose is in .dsf format, you can. Just choose the highest node you want the pose applied to, and then ctrl+dbl click. When the menu comes up, switch "root" to "selected" and make sure that recursive is chosen.

I started that with some of Jasmin's poses, which apply the Jasmin morph to the figure (it may have been corrected since then.)

edited December 1969

Thanks, that tip will come in handy. I know what you mean about the Jasmin poses; the same thing happens with the Jason and Gorilla poses.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Thanks, that tip will come in handy. I know what you mean about the Jasmin poses; the same thing happens with the Jason and Gorilla poses.

I don't have that problem with the Jason poses, and I don't use the Gorilla ones much.

Oh, and I discovered that it works with .dsa poses too (I thought it did, but I wasn't sure), so probably any DAZ format pose file will work.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip DaWaterRat, that's really helpful :) I've been constantly loading full preset poses and altering them so that only the area I wanted remains lol

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Zev0... Are you making 'full body hair sets for genesis'? I'm just looking at that advert on your signature line. It looks awsome, is it fiber mesh?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it is:)

edited December 1969

Lol that's ok, I think there's quite a jump in time zones between us. That's awsome, i'll be keeping an eye out for it

edited December 1969

24 sets?!? (Refering to Banner) God that would have taken ages to construct :o

edited December 1969

24 sets?!? (Refering to Banner) God that would have taken ages to construct :o

Not really:) Just a lot of planning. Visit this thread for more Info.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4101/
    You can check it out there.

edited December 1969

If the pose is in .dsf format, you can. Just choose the highest node you want the pose applied to, and then ctrl+dbl click. When the menu comes up, switch "root" to "selected" and make sure that recursive is chosen.

I started that with some of Jasmin's poses, which apply the Jasmin morph to the figure (it may have been corrected since then.)

I am going to try this out when I get home.:) Sounds handy.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

...well, Steph5 is out.

...'nuff said

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

I also requested this partial morph type ability back on the old forum. I'm still hoping...