Is there an animated fire product?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
edited October 2022 in Product Suggestions

I know there is an animated candle but is there an animated campfire or animated fireplace?

Several variations of animated fire would be nice.

Any tips on how to make animated fire with some of the Daz models available?

I seem to recall some animated fire product, but I can't remember if I own it already or not.

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

Once Iray can add emission to VDBs, this will be trivially easy. Until then, I think I've seen an animated fire product, but I don't remember what it was. 

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Gordig said:

Once Iray can add emission to VDBs, this will be trivially easy. Until then, I think I've seen an animated fire product, but I don't remember what it was. 

VDB emission will be awesome, and animatable VDB will also be great. It would also be nice if there was texture shaded representations of the VDB. 

• It can be done with dForce, depending on precisely what type of flame animation you want.

If you want blowing cinders, probably not, but if you simply want flickering/dancing flame, I've had some success in testing with a 2D flame prop and the wind modifier applied from below.

There are a lot of fine adjustments to be made during the animation, such as wind speed, direction, and angle to simulate the most common behaviors of fire.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

RexRed said:

I know there is an animated candle but is there an animated campfire or animated fireplace?

Several variations of animated fire would be nice.

Any tips on how to make animated fire with some of the Daz models available?

I seem to recall some animated fire product, but I can't remember if I own it already or not.

Fluidos II for Daz Studio can simulate fire. Check this video:

https://youtu.be/972NnPziy2I

On the other hand, Parsis, the particle system can do something similar.