Morphing Fantasy Dress Confusion

edited October 2022 in Art Studio

Okay, I kind of got lost in here... I want to know exactly which products are compatible with these:

https://www.daz3d.com/iconic-mfd-bundle-1-for-genesis-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/iconic-mfd-bundle-2-for-genesis-8-females

For those who don't know: These are the newest versions of the Morphing Fantasy Dress, made for Genesis 8 and Victoria 8, and come in two bundles. Apparently Bundle 1 has the dress, the Expansion Packs 1 and 2 and the Wonderland expansion. Bundle 2 has the cloaks, collar and masks.

The confusion is that both bundles say to be compatible with previous MFD stuff... but I dunno which. Can someone help?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• The various texture expansions should say which, if any, of the additional parts they require. As far as the base dress goes, only the Stephanie Petite version had a different mapping and so used different textures.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

Looks like it's mainly the actual outfits looking at the images there.

In regards to textures mfd textures from v3, v4, a3, Genesis, up will work with the dress and probably with the other items listed as part of the bundle.

I tried the dress going back a way and they worked although. Here's the cinderella dress, please note I didn't run the render for the whole time I cancelled as soon as it appeared. This is a v3 texture

The only ones that don't work are stephanie 3's as they had different uv maps.

cinderella on genesis 8dress.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

If you get the two Iconic MFD Bundles, you can use literally any previous MFD texture set, from V3 and later, except, as Richard said, the few for Steph 3 Petite MFD (and they usually have a V3 or V4 equivalent)

• Okay, so for example... the Witch or the festival finery work?

Here's the witch...I don't own festival finery but it should work fine. Style 1 and 2

hmgwitch.png
    1000 x 1500 - 955K
    hmgwitchstyle 2.png
    1000 x 1500 - 974K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,389

In my experience, all the old textures I tried worked well on the new versions of the MFD, too.

By the way, does anyone know of a complete list of all MFD texture sets throughout the generations? That should be fascinating I think, there's really quite a lot useful stuff that's been made for it over the years.

There have been well over a hundred...

Okay, I had some time to spare to put together a list of all things MFD (excluding RDNA acquisitions, they are not documented and are impossible to find, if any are left).

The texture sets often use parts of the MFD expansion sets and other products, like Hooded Cloak, or Fantasy Collar Set. Some of those earlier dependencies are not obvious from the current product pages, many of the old links were lost at the last store update. Sometimes they only cover the latest generation for which they were available (i.e., a texture set made in V4's day will now refer only to the Genesis 2 MFD or Expansion, not V4's).

I wasn't far off on my guesstimate, I found 102 existing or former texture add-ons, of which about 50 are still available here. A number of Moyra's textures (most of the later Princesses) are available at her store at Renderosity.

Attached is a list of anything pertinent to the MFD, tab-delimited CSV (.txt extension, .csv not allowed) if you want to load into a spreadsheet.

txt
    txt
    MFD bases and texture sets.txt

NorthOf45 said:

Okay, I had some time to spare to put together a list of all things MFD (excluding RDNA acquisitions, they are not documented and are impossible to find, if any are left).

The texture sets often use parts of the MFD expansion sets and other products, like Hooded Cloak, or Fantasy Collar Set. Some of those earlier dependencies are not obvious from the current product pages, many of the old links were lost at the last store update. Sometimes they only cover the latest generation for which they were available (i.e., a texture set made in V4's day will now refer only to the Genesis 2 MFD or Expansion, not V4's).

I wasn't far off on my guesstimate, I found 102 existing or former texture add-ons, of which about 50 are still available here. A number of Moyra's textures (most of the later Princesses) are available at her store at Renderosity.

Attached is a list of anything pertinent to the MFD, tab-delimited CSV (.txt extension, .csv not allowed) if you want to load into a spreadsheet.

Oh wow, thank you for going to all that trouble! It sure is an impressive list, and very comprehensive. I see even my very own TS Fantasies texture set has been dug up, from about four hundred years ago, how cool is this! - Sad to see that there were all these 'princess of' sets that I seem to have missed  out on completely. Will try and find some renders at least, to get an idea of what they looked like.

• tsroemi said:

Oh wow, thank you for going to all that trouble! It sure is an impressive list, and very comprehensive. I see even my very own TS Fantasies texture set has been dug up, from about four hundred years ago, how cool is this! - Sad to see that there were all these 'princess of' sets that I seem to have missed  out on completely. Will try and find some renders at least, to get an idea of what they looked like.

Hmmm ... I do not have time to look at the moment, but some of these texture sets (including 'princess of' may now be available at Ren... as certain vendors have moved around in recent years. Take a look!

That doesn't take into acount the freebies that people have released over the years either. Chohole used to have the most but since her site has died it's not possible to get all of them.

I have done at least 2 over the years but I think that only one is up on shareCG these days.

Just had a look at Rendo and the Princess of Romance dress is over there plus a few by Karanta.

• Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

Pendraia said:

That doesn't take into acount the freebies that people have released over the years either. Chohole used to have the most but since her site has died it's not possible to get all of them.

I have done at least 2 over the years but I think that only one is up on shareCG these days.

Just had a look at Rendo and the Princess of Romance dress is over there plus a few by Karanta.

Found it, thank you!