Daz to Unreal Bridge Issue: No materials mapped / Body UVs merged

Hi all,

I'm trying out the Daz to Unreal bridge, but any figure I bring over comes in gray without any of the materials mapped (though they are in the materials folder). Some I can manually apply, but the body of the figure has been merged into one UV using just the torso (see image). There are no geografts on the figure (though some LIE makeup). The hair and clothing UVs seem to work fine manually applying the materials (though it would be great if they imported already mapped).

A manual FBX import worked for the textures, though that also requries a lot of manual work (textures don't come in with the right settings).

I'm using Daz 4.20 and Unreal 5.03

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-10-12 185448.png
1372 x 1272 - 2M

Comments

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226

Try to check the UV settings for the surfaces as UE5 doesn't support multiple UV layers, and when exporting check the "Collect Textures to Folder" to fix the texture path not found when imported to UE5.

CheckUVMapForTextures.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    edited October 2022

Edit: UE5 actually supports multiple UV channels for skeletal meshes, just need to change the material coordinate index from 0 to 1, to use the second UV channel. Attached images showing Daz G8.1 character imported into UE5 with second UV channel for genital geograft maps. Thanks for the question so that I researched this from UE5 documentation as there aren't useful answers on Youtube for this question.

The G8.1 character was imported to Blender with Diffeomorphic, converted to UE4 skeleton with working genital and then imported to UE5 using AutoRig Pro.

UE5MultipleUVChannels1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    UE5MultipleUVChannels2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 717K
    UE5MultipleUVChannels3.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    Post edited by catmaster on
  • Hi @catmaster,

Do you know if there is any tutorial explaining how to import the textures from diffeomorphic to unreal? I'm trying to do the same you have but my knowledge in blender is little (and texturing in general...)

edited October 2022

Blender FBX exporter can't export the full materials except the basic diffuse map, because UE5 has very different material system than Blender, the raw textures have to be copied to UE5 and the materials need to be rebuilt.

The official DazToUnreal plugin can convert Daz materials to UE5 when export characters directly from Daz to Unreal, but the skeleton it exports is not correctly oriented and it doesn't support exporting geografts. Diffeomorphic converts the Daz materials into Blender format but the materials are not usable for Unreal. The best solution is to export two versions, from DazToUnreal and from Diffeomorphic using the default Blender FBX exporter, and copy the the materials from the DazToUnreal imported character to the other character.

Post edited by catmaster on
  • joaohenriquesjoaohenriques Posts: 15
    edited October 2022

Hi @catmaster,

I was able to replicate all textures with that method less the geocrafts from Golden palace, it seems that the DazToUnreal is unable to correctly map does textures... I've tried to manually update them using the original textures from Daz but its not possible since I believe its only used a shader... I will try with the normal genitals from Daz to see if that way is possible.

Nevertheless, just to be sure, are you able to use daztounreal to get the textures of the genitals from GoldenPalace? 

Many thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Saw another post from you were you mention PussyWizard_TexturesFlattenTutorial.pdf. Going to read that :)

Post edited by joaohenriques on