Adding images to posts to the new forum

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited July 2015 in Carrara Discussion

see here

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59549/tutorial-how-to-place-images-in-your-post-tips

It can be more than just attach and browse

EDIT    EDIT    EDIT    EDIT    EDIT    EDIT - from Chohole below

imho  the post linked to is somewhat misleading, and was made by a forum member who seems to experience problems that others don't. 

Simple instructions.  To attach an image, click the attach button below, browse to the image location on your computer and select the image you want to attach. Wait for the attachment to appear as a complete icon and then save comment.  It does BTW require a comment in the post, even if that comment is just one character,

If you would also like your image to show larger, then click the attachment in the forum post which brings it up to full size, and right click and select image location, Click to edit post.and then insert this location in the image command in the wysywig tool panel and save edit

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

to be honest it's a crap way to attach images now and to have a post of directions on how to post an image that was just so simple before is a bad detraction and a backwards step..

The sooner Daz fixes this oversight the better no

this is an artzone when all said and done frown

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Stezza said:

The sooner Daz fixes this oversight the better no

this is an artzone when all said and done frown

I'm pretty sure that it's working pretty close to the way it was intended to work...so, not really an oversight.

And I think it USED to be an 'artzone'...now it's mostly 'HELP!!!' and product promotion...

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

I've been posting in the "Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here!" thread (in the Commons) about the tiny preview size of the attachments, but haven't been able to get a response from anyone with a DAZ_ in their user name.

Richard Haseltine responded, but I don't know if he is a DAZ employee or a volunteer. I even asked him if he was a DAZ employee but he declined to answer. His reply was "I'm not a developer, but we have raised this issue with the developers."

So I still don't know if the issue has been raised by a DAZ employee, or a community volunteer.

Getting information is like pulling teeth, even in the official Questions and Issues thread. sad

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2015

imho  the post linked to is somewhat misleading, and was made by a forum member who seems to experience problems that others don't. 

Simple instructions.  To attach an image, click the attach button below, browse to the image location on your computer and select the image you want to attach. Wait for the attachment to appear as a complete icon and then save comment.  It does BTW require a comment in the post, even if that comment is just one character,

If you would also like your image to show larger, then click the attachment in the forum post which brings it up to full size, and right click and select image location, Click to edit post.and then insert this location in the image command in the wysywig tool panel and save edit

lost-confused-signposts.jpg
    500 x 400 - 23K
    Post edited by Chohole on