Carrara permitted in monthly freebie challenge

Not sure if this is new or not.  I vaguely remembered a Daz challenge that excluded Carrara and I had thought it was the freebie challenge.  But Carrara is permitted in the freebie challenge now. So if you have the urge, check it out.

rules

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/rules-for-the-monthly-freebie-challenge#latest

July freebie challenge

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58575/july-freebie-challenge-summer-fun-and-pin-ups#latest

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

apparently under new management by chohole

and Carrara, Bryce & Hexagon are now allowed starting this month from what I can gather..

chohole may be able to shed some winter light on the subject for us enlightened

• MiloMilo Posts: 511

Thats good to know.. I wanted to start doing challenges, the Carrara one here and perhaps now that one.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited July 2015

Well,  ...  It's about time! [/sarcasm]

Seriously though - Thanks Chohole!

I was one of the more vocal critics of this oversight and so will be vocal in saying thanks!

It was never a huge thing, but it was a little thing that made Carara users feel like DAZ didn't care due to them using the excuse that C was never free while Bryce and Poser - both also allowed all along - were OK because they were at one time free.

Felt slighted by that, so this is a nice thing to make us (me?) fell less marginalized by our (my?) choice of 3D Software!

Mooch-Ass Grassy-Ass!  See?  I can speak Spanish!  I can say Hasty lumbago.  And Tasty Banana.  And  ...  well...  The rest may be too much for the TOS to handle when I am trying to say something nice  wink

Many thanks Chohole, for thc change - and thanks Diomede for pointing it out.  Symbolically, this means a lot.

Too bad I am focused on a commission.  It's gonna be tough getting an entry this month, but will try - just to welcome Carrara to that challenge.

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Actually the Freebie challenge has been taken over as A DAZ 3D official contest now.            It will eventually be run along similar lines to the New User Contest, which is run by the CV team with guidance from the DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Coordinator.

Music2u4u, who has run it for 7 years,  has given up running it, due to the pressures of Real Life.  This was actually announced last month, along with the rule change

June Freebie Challenge

I am merely fronting it for now, until we get a chance to have a chat with everyone and decide what else needs to be done to bring it back into being a vibrant contest, as it used to be.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Very good news!  I always wondered why Carrara wasn't allowed in that one (not trying to reopen the long and now irrelevant arguments about that, just mentioning that they didn't make sense to me) since I entered and won a couple of the PC club contests using Carrara and no one ever said a word there (and I made a point of mentioning that I used Carrara too wink).  Now I just have to decipher the rest of the rules - the last time I looked (around a year ago) they were so complicated that I felt like they'd been written in English then run through a couple other languages in an online translator and then back to English. smiley

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2015

Yes that is one of the things that does need sorting out.  We much prefer simpler rules.  Simple interpretation

Use at least 10 Freebies

Use no more than 3 Paid Items

No count items are those things that come as standard in the program used. (IE things like Genesis in DS or Jessie and James in Poser)  The exceptions to this rule are those items which come as additional content for the program which are normally paid for items. All DAZ 3D base figures are also counted as No Count items.

No Postwork.

Render either in a DAZ 3D program or a free renderer (so Iray renders are allowed, reality renders are not unless it is used as one of the paid for items permitted, for an example)

Oh and almost forgot, all freebies listed must be clearly visible in the render.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Good News, I finally got time to enter this months Carrara Challenge again so Maybe I will have time for the Monthly Freebie Challenge