Cannot open 'landscape wizard' after upgrading to Carrara 8,5

Hello!

Just upgraded to Carrara 8,5 and since then I cannot use landscape wizard. Earlier when I started a new scene I could chose to launch landscape wizard, but after upgrading that button is not possible to select, even though its showing in the startbox selection.

I have installed the native concent twice, and un- and re- installed it but it does not seem to help.

Please explain if possible if there's a way to fix it. As in where to actually look for the files.

Thanks!

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2015

Could C8.5 be in a different folder than your previous version of Carrara? Could the Native Content be installed to the previous Carrara's folder (if applicable)?

Also, some more information may help. What is your OS and computer platform? How are you installing Carrara- is it manually or through DIM? Are you installing to a custom location?

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,955

I'm using Win 8 on a PC and I have Carrara at the C disk and the presets with the Native Content therein (in a directory below the carrara one). But I cannot use it anymore.

I used DIM to install the native content the first time, then as I found that landscape wizard was unaccessible, I uninstalled the native content and then installed it manually. But it didn't help. And now I wonder if it mayhaps have been ended up in the wrong directory.

It is as a matter of fact the native content from an older version - the C8 - Native Content (Win), but I cannot find anything newer which is supposed to contain the landscape wizard. I assume C 8.5 is still supporting the landscape wizard, right?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited July 2015

did you set up DiM to point at your new Carrara 8.5 installation or is it still pointing to the old 8 or 7 or 6 version?

Post edited by Stezza on

It's the new one.

Your tree set up then should look like this..

if not then it has been placed elsewhere or your PC which you will need to find cool

carraratree_scenes.jpg
    925 x 564 - 77K

Thanks, Stessa! My directory looks just like that -- but it is still not working.

Can it be Win 8? I used to run Win 7 earlier.

Maybe the only thing different is I don't install any of the software in <Program Files> directory on C:\..

I put everything on my 2nd hard drive in a folder I named <My Programs>

I have done this since Vista keeping away from the Program Files folder because of issues with windows security features..

I'm now running Windows 10 and have never had an issue with any of the previous versions of windows including 8 & 8.1

Perhaps I lack some files? Som dll or something needed to kickstart the wizard. Is there something which I may look for?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    Hera said:

I used DIM to install the native content the first time, then as I found that landscape wizard was unaccessible, I uninstalled the native content and then installed it manually. But it didn't help. And now I wonder if it mayhaps have been ended up in the wrong directory.

If you install Applications , or Products "manually" then DIM has no way of knowing that these items are installed.

You need to Install both the Carrara software,. and the natice content using DIM.

This should be easy to fix,.

Fistly, make sure you uninstall whatever you installed manually.

Then install using DIM.

Dim will install carrara into the correct folder,. and then it can install the content into that version

If Carrara is currently working (just not seeing any wizards) then there are no "missing DLLs" etc the software works,. but the "Content" is not installed to the correct location.

Uninstall it,. and re install it into the Carrara application folder

3DAGE said:
    Hera said:

If you install Applications , or Products "manually" then DIM has no way of knowing that these items are installed.

You need to Install both the Carrara software,. and the natice content using DIM.

This should be easy to fix,.

Fistly, make sure you uninstall whatever you installed manually.

Then install using DIM.

Dim will install carrara into the correct folder,. and then it can install the content into that version

If Carrara is currently working (just not seeing any wizards) then there are no "missing DLLs" etc the software works,. but the "Content" is not installed to the correct location.

Uninstall it,. and re install it into the Carrara application folder

I did as you say - that is - I uninstalled the whole shebang - everything carrara - and then I downloaded it using DIM again and installed it that way and then it worked. Don't know what I did wrong the first time, perhaps the wrong order or smth but now it works - thank you ,  3DAGE you made my day! And the rest of you as well! 

/ H

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    It may have been that you installed a render node. Did the Wizard show up at all?