Director's camera

NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809
edited October 2022 in Bryce Discussion

Is it possible to change focal or other attributes on cameras other than the main camera?  Can I create a new camera?

Edit:  I found the 'camera to director' works for moving the camera to where the director view is.  Doesn't look possible to create a new camera.

Post edited by NGartplay on

Comments

• You can create a nearly unlimited number of cameras if you use some other primitive object (likely a cube) to serve as a placeholder. There are many details to pull this off effectively if it becomes necessary, but hopefully you've already found a solution that works for you.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809
    edited October 2022

Abstract ToriiRashad, thank you. 

The reason that I asked is because I wanted to start a thread challenge using 360 panoramic projection but it wasn't getting me the results I wanted when I played with it.  I then found that changing the FOV on the camera gave me some distortion that I was looking for.  The challenge would be for 3 separate distorted views of the same scene from different angles but you can't change the FOV of the director's camera or right camera, etc.

I ended up moving the main camera to the director's view and got a distorted view but can't do it from the right camera, etc.  Maybe just moving the camera around the scene would work as well.  Didn't even think of that till now, lol.

It was an old image of mine that got me thinking about this and I can't remember how I created it.  I thought that I had used 360 panoramic projection but I don't get good results trying that.

distortion-green.jpg
    830 x 960 - 213K
    Post edited by NGartplay on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398

You can also set up to 7 camera views using the memory dots next to the nano preview

Thank you S Ray.  I forget about those sometimes.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

I like the abstract and the idea, NGArtplay.

Thank you Hansmar.  I was trying to remember how I made it.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

NGartplay - very nice abstract

• huberthubert Posts: 410

NGartplay - A beautiful entangled abstract.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

NGartplay : I love that abstract, cool idea.

Thank you mermaid, Hubert and adbc :)