Genesis 8 to genesis 9 v8 to v9 shape morph and/textures converters?

Any chance we could get Genesis 8 to genesis 9 v8 to v9 shape, morph and/textures converters? Not just for content creators buy for the everyday users as well? Not everyone has the time or intelligence to do it themselves! I have a but not b;) prop converters would be nice too please. I know y'all busy I'll be patient. Just kinda don't wanna wait a decade lol. That's playful hyperbole just fyi

Comments

• I'm pretty sure that we have been told a PA is working on a tool for using Genesis 8 textures on Genssi 9, but it is possible to use an external application to convert textuers and morphs can actually be converted with the Transfer Utility (I think a guide has been posted for Genesis 9, but if not the base method is the same as for previous generations)

• Okay good to know. What is the transfer utility and where do I get it?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

The Transfer Utility is a native function of DS. Edit -> Object or Figure -> Transfer Utility.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
  • Where do I get the wrap tool anyway? I can't find it on Daz website 

• milliethegreat said:

Where do I get the wrap tool anyway? I can't find it on Daz website 

It's not a Daz tool. Google "Wrap 3D" it should be the first result.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

It would be much easier if someone would just post a link to the real site to get it.

My google search resulted in 159,000+ hits.

Starting with a white paper on "Computational wrapping" of 3D objects.

Then there were links to walmart, newegg, and a few other sites like that.

None of them looked correct.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

I think they meant "Wrap3d" not "Wrap 3d" which makes a huge difference.

• nemesis10 said:

I think they meant "Wrap3d" not "Wrap 3d" which makes a huge difference.

That interesting. Both versions bring up the same results for me. But here's the link anyways. It's not free however: https://www.russian3dscanner.com/download_and_buy/

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,312

Any chance we could get Genesis 8 to genesis 9 v8 to v9 shape, morph and/textures converters? Not just for content creators buy for the everyday users as well? Not everyone has the time or intelligence to do it themselves! I have a but not b;) prop converters would be nice too please. I know y'all busy I'll be patient. Just kinda don't wanna wait a decade lol. That's playful hyperbole just fyi

This Youtube video tutorial using the tools built into Daz Studio is really easy to follow. It shows how to convert G8 shapes to G9, but the process could be used to transfer any shape from any Genesis generation, as long as the clone exists.
  • arne207arne207 Posts: 154
    edited October 2022
    This Youtube video tutorial using the tools built into Daz Studio is really easy to follow. It shows how to convert G8 shapes to G9, but the process could be used to transfer any shape from any Genesis generation, as long as the clone exists.

This doesn't work for me. When importing the .obj just created, I get a figure lying on the ground in front of my (standing) G8.1. It's also huge, which is due to the scale being something like 10000 % by default, but setting it to 100 % fixes that. I can then manually match the .obj to the G8.1 with the Rotate and Translate sliders. Using the Transfer utility then gives me what you see on the screen - a lying figure again in front of G8.1 that cannot be moved (the Translate/Rotate-sliders move, but the figure stays still) and only has Left and Right Toes when I click on any part of the body.

I've tried following Jays tutorial three times now and get this result every time. Does anyone know what I have overlooked?

Post edited by arne207 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

The most obvious solution is to fix your OBJ export and/or import settings. You already figured out the scale, but make sure that Y is set to vertical for both import and export. If you import something that is oriented wrong and fix it with rotations, you need to bake the rotations before trying to use Morph Loader or Transfer Utility.

• arne207arne207 Posts: 154

Gordig said:

The most obvious solution is to fix your OBJ export and/or import settings. You already figured out the scale, but make sure that Y is set to vertical for both import and export. If you import something that is oriented wrong and fix it with rotations, you need to bake the rotations before trying to use Morph Loader or Transfer Utility.

Thanks Gordig - indeed the Y and Z axis were inverted for some reason. Now it works!

• Would it kill the PAs to make a converter script or plug-in to convert g8/8.1 shapes and morphs to g9 PLEASE?!?!? Not everyone knows how to do this stuff themselves knows how to (or wants) to sit forever finding downloads on weird third party sites or fumbling with free solutions presented on YouTube! I can live without a texture converter for a good while but a decent shape/morph converter is MUST! This DIY free alternative wrap3d nonsense is madness! It's driving me crazy. And I can deal with crazy (welcome to my life with my wife) but this is ludicrous! A decent shape/morph converter PLEASE PAs! Thanks!

sincerly

Mrs. R. Sutton-Rivera 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited October 2022

she wants it now!

you are newish you never heard of DAZ soon cheeky

some of us tried to to help you because we also can be impatient so find solutions but otherwise you need patience because it will come but Genesis 9 is new

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

she wants it now!

you are newish you never heard of DAZ soon cheeky

some of us tried to to help you because we also can be impatient so find solutions but otherwise you need patience because it will come but Genesis 9 is new

okay first of all A thoses ideas suck B i'm not newish. my old account which has somewhat been recently hacked was years old C how patient? years? a decade? more? theres only so much patience one can have! id like a plugin before my 42nd birthday if possible please. fyi im 32. 

• It will take time to create a script. I have done as much as I can with a pose transfer script to get from G8 to G9. That was 4700 lines of code, and I was only able to do it within a week of G9's release because I had the general idea mapped out from the other scripts I've done in the past, and I was not able to go into work at the time due to having covid. The script took me 16 hours of work, which is not insignificant.

In comparison to a morph transfer script, there is negligible work in a pose transfer script.

I'd expect (were I able to do it at all) to take at least 2 weeks full time work, so 80-ish hours work coding, and possibly another 40 hours more doing texture transform research etc. After that, it'll need rigorous testing by the person who codes it, say 15-20 hours. Then if it's to be sold here, DAZ will need 3(?) weeks to look & QA check, then feed it into the release queue, probably after a good deal of content has been released so that the G9 character morphs have a chance to shine without G8 competitors. So.. for practical reasons, the earliest I would expect something like a morph transfer script is Christmas. If it comes earlier, I'll be happy, but won't get disappointed if it's not before then.

I think I have offered a reasonable set of causes for it not being ready now. I am looking forward to one being released myself, but it'll come soon. Ish. Probably.

Regards,

Richard

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342
    edited November 2022

Thanks for the info RichardandTracy and for all of your hard work , looking forward to ur new products. :)

Post edited by andrushuk1 on