New Forum - errors & weird messages!

StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
edited July 2015 in Carrara Discussion

This new forum is so slow now to load anything it's becoming a joke..

and what does this error messqage mean..

and why does it sign me out when I visit each morning?

and what is the rubicon project?

error.jpg
940 x 189 - 141K
rubiconproject.jpg
368 x 260 - 45K
Post edited by Stezza on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

I see that message if I click on the next page in a thread before the current page is finished loading -- don't think it matters much, other than that the number of items on the shopping cart icon at the top of the page might be wrong.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

As to the Rubicon crap...

About this host:

This domain is owned by Rubicon Project. The company runs a technology platform for automated real time bidding for online behavioural advertising. Their cookies build user profiles for the purposes of placing individuals into segmented categories, so that they can be shown advertising believed to be relevent to interests based on past browsing patterns.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

so does that mean my private messages ( and yours ) are being shared with a 3rd party without approval from me?

as this comes up when I access my PMs no

edited July 2015

just in the last 10 minutes the forum has slowed to a crawl

mainly because it is waiting for:

rubicon

ads.yahoo

pubmatic !!

rfihub

doubleclick

us-u-openx

just to name a few... I miss the others that flash up

looks like all our info is being shared and in the process slowing the forum to a crawl or time-out errors angry

Post edited by Stezza on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    Stezza said:

This new forum is so slow now to load anything it's becoming a joke..

Perhaps you're experiencing the effects of the very first Windows upgrade problem you've had in 25 years... smiley

I'm wondering if maybe it's a Windows 10 thing.

But I'm guessing that it's more likely an internet connection/server problem in trying to connect with all of those sites. I'm not having any speed problems.

no Joe it's not that..

It's Daz

but good try yes

I was just joking about the Windows problem, but are you sure it's not an internet/server problem? Cuz like I say I'm not experiencing anything, so that would kinda rule out a DAZ problem wouldn't it?

each time you open a forum page the site is talking to a dozen or more advertising sites...

as I'm on the other side of the universe it is slower and I get to see them...

just think.. all your posts and pms' are being read by someone or something and they are doing stuff with it!

if it was an internet/server problem it would be happening to every site I visit.. which it doesn't ( only here ) and if you pop into the commons there is also a post about the slowness there as well..

Stezza said:

as I'm on the other side of the universe it is slower and I get to see them...

I believe I'm on the same side of the universe as you are. smiley

However, I also think internet access is somewhat regional, in other words, different countries access a given site thru different, regional servers driven by local internet providers. Though I'm pretty much clueless about the details. But I'm pretty sure regional providers pay access fees for bandwidth thru other regional links, so an Asian country might have a problem with US websites, but be fine with Asian websites. Or something like that.

Stezza said:

if it was an internet/server problem it would be happening to every site I visit.. which it doesn't ( only here ) and if you pop into the commons there is also a post about the slowness there as well..

Like I said, I'm not sure that's necessarily the case as I described above. I think there can be other explanations for slowness. 

Stezza said:
    just think.. all your posts and pms' are being read by someone or something and they are doing stuff with it!

Welcome to the internet. smiley

Keep in mind this site is DAZ's property, and it's a service they provide. And there's a Privacy Policy that outlines what they do with some private info. And if you read the policy you realize it isn't at all comprehensive so you can only guess what they do with info they don't cover in the policy.

BTW, why do you think PM's are being shared with others? Though I think it's safe to say that whatever is entered here is DAZ property or something like that since it's their website.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Have you tried NoScript?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited July 2015

is this making the forum more susseptable to spam?

I too have noticed not only all the redirects but twice have had a persistent dns error which clearing the cache in command prompt did not fix neither could I find a trace path, it resolved itself eventually on its own after a few hours and I could once more visit the forum.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Would this count as weird?  The threads in the Commons forum are in a different alphabet.

weird messages.JPG
    1469 x 885 - 132K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

yes what I was talking about , Korean spam