In Store Now - FeralFey's Poker Play (Commercial)

FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,898

It's been a while since I posted a commercial thread, but since I'm coming up on my five year anniversary as a PA here at DAZ, I thought I'd let you all know about my new product to celebrate.

The set includes a playing card with a full deck's worth of textures and several handy morphs for changing the size of the card, expanding the single card to look like a deck, bending the card for a game of 3 card Monty or shuffling the cards. I've also included presets to load the card as a wearable preset for either left or right hand use for Genesis 2 Males, Genesis 2 Females, and Genesis 3 Females or as a five card "hand".

The five card hand takes all the deck textures, but I have provided material presets for the more popular poker hands for ease of use. There are also material presets to change the number of cards visible in the hand (from one card to five cards.) And I've even thrown in a spread morph so you can fan or stack the hand as you see fit.

There is also a poker chip that comes with five different color textures and an option to use your own logo (or no logo) in the center of the chip. Low on resources but need a stack of chips quick? I've made a morph in the chip that will instantly turn it into a stack of eight chips! But if you need a more robust stack of chips, I've also included a stack that takes the same textures but also has material presets to shrink or increase the number of chips in your stack (from one to ten). There is also a morph dial to randomize the stack if you're in need of a less "tidy" looking pile of chips.

Also included (because it wouldn't be a FeralFey set otherwise) are poses for Genesis 2 Males and Females and Genesis 3 Females to give you instant card playing action. There are 16 Hierarchical Pose Presets, 14 hand grip poses, and 8 expression presets.

But enough talk. Here's some pictures.

daz3d_FeralFeysPokerPlay_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1021K
daz3d_FeralFeysPokerPlay_popup01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 841K
daz3d_FeralFeysPokerPlay_popup02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 651K
daz3d_FeralFeysPokerPlay_popup03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 727K
daz3d_FeralFeysPokerPlay_popup08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by FeralFey on

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Hope this sells well enough for an expansion, because I'd almost kill for a set like this of tarot cards for my supernatural G2F figures. :)

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,898

Lol. I actually had planned on doing a tarot card exapansion set, since you mentioned it. But I need to find either a copyright clear set to use for the textures or just build my own. I'm also going to turn the poker chips into rune stones. ;)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,387

I'd happily donate this one to the cause if you need it.  ;-)

promo_hermittarotv2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 73K

Awesome FB! We should talk. :)

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

There are several basic Tarot designs.  One is exemplified by the Tarot of Marseilles - illustrated trumps, and more or less standard-type  sword/coins/staffs/cups (Italian) cards.  You can almost certainly find public-domain images for these.  The 'Waite' design was popularized in the occult explosion in the hippie days of the 1960s, with illustrations on all the suit cards as well as the trumps.  These are designed specifically for divination (the Tarot of Marseilles was initially used for card games).  Because of retroactive UK copyright laws, the Rider-Waite deck is still under copyright in the UK.  Another design is the French Tarot design used for playing the Tarot card game which has some popularity in France.  In this deck, the standard familiar card-game suits (which are of French origin anyway) are used, with the added Knight in each suit; but the trump cards are simply numbered in Roman numerals and have double-ended designs illustrating French country life of the 19th century.  There may be public-domain versions of these cards as well.

Throw in other card sets (such as the acorns/bells/leaves/hearts of German playing cards) and you have no end to the possible expansions...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735

Looks great!  Are there going to be poker face morphs for Genesis 2 and 3?

Thanks Ostadan for the leads. I'll check them out. I already knew about the restrictions on the Rider-Waite deck which is where I originally meant to take the tarot expansion set. But even the hint of a copyright issue and I thought better of pursuing it. I'll see what I can dig up on your other suggestions and see if I can find something that will work. Otherwise I'll just build my own, since there seems to be interest in me going forward with this expansion.

@Kulay - No. I didn't include any poker face expressions with the set. I thought it would be pretty easy to just go with the "default" expression to cover any "poker face" needs. Lol. But I did include thoughtfully pondering the cards, and being pissed off at having the wrong cards expressions. Those were more fun to make. :)

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    FeralFey said:

Lol. I actually had planned on doing a tarot card exapansion set, since you mentioned it. But I need to find either a copyright clear set to use for the textures or just build my own. I'm also going to turn the poker chips into rune stones. ;)

The Poker set looks great. :)  But a Tarot expnsion will be a must have! laugh

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735

Thanks!  I do not know a thing about tarot other than the little I see on tv.  Maybe I could figure out more for story and render ideas.

Good news! I'm moving forward on the divination expansion set for Poker Play. I have a perfectly legal, public domain source for the cards and I think people will be pleased with the results. I hope to have the set submitted to DAZ by next week (I have to first finish a pose set that goes with a little something ForbiddenWhispers and David Brinnen have whipped up.)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Needs a set of poses for the Millenium Dog (grins, ducks, and runs...)

Lol, JOdel! I actually gave that a thought, not that I'm admitting it. Maybe I'll make that my Christmas freebie this year ;)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

The addition of rune stones is a brilliant expansion idea, too!

As someone who has actually used such cards for readings, would just like to request that upside-down textures are included, too (unless it's a simple matter of being able to rotate the individual card props around by 180 degrees). Tarot readings for each card can radically vary in interpretation for those which are 'inverted'.

And if the cards have specific material zones, knowing what the resolution is for each would be very useful. That way, if we make our own decks, we can swap out the texture for a picture of our own, if requried.

Thanks! I thought the rune stones were a brilliant idea too. Lol. Actually, it's very kind that you said so, as I really wasn't sure if customers would like that or not.

To answer your reversed card question - the cards are easily rotated. :) Plus, I'm going to include some standard tarot spreads for ease of use. And like I included with Poker Play, there's a card handle so that you will be able to easily move the spreads to where ever you need them in your scene.

The templates are 3000 x 3000, so you can easily use your own deck creations. (The mat zones include front, back, and sides) Being a tarot collector, reader, dabbler, I've been wanting to have a digital deck for years. So, of course, when I built the card set, I kept the tarot idea in mind when I designed them. I made them to be a set of cards that I would buy. Lol. I really think you'll like the cards. I packed them with morphs so that they wouldn't just be simple primitive planes. Real cards have movement. :)

So keep in mind that you'll need the Poker Play set first (which will be going on sale very soon, so get your wallets ready) in order to use the Divination set when it hits the store. (I'm sure that marketing will run some kind of concurrent sale on the cards when the tarot expansion comes out if you can't pick up Poker Play when it's released (which is uber soon).)

Just letting everyone know that Poker Play is now in the store. And for a limited time, it's on super secret special discount if you purchase another item from my store (not including the PC items). I don't know how long the special discount will apply, so take advantage now. 

I hope you all have as much fun playing with this set as I had making it (which was quite a bit, actually.)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Excellent, going to pick it up later tonight. Any word on the Tarot add-on?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    FeralFey said:

Good news! I'm moving forward on the divination expansion set for Poker Play. I have a perfectly legal, public domain source for the cards and I think people will be pleased with the results. I hope to have the set submitted to DAZ by next week (I have to first finish a pose set that goes with a little something ForbiddenWhispers and David Brinnen have whipped up.)

I'm really happy to hear this. I have Poker Play in my cart, but while I'm not sure I'll use it much, I do have a lot of use for a set of tarot cards. I'll be waiting for it with bated breath.

The tarot expansion is still being built. I had to set it aside for a few days to finish off a pose set I'm doing for Forbidden Whispers and David Brinnen's upcoming set in the prison series. But I have everything laid out and it won't take me long to get it finished and submitted. I'm hoping by next week to have it to the review team. And then from there there's the usual lag while it goes through QA and then marketing needs to schedule the release. I would like it to be in the store before the end of August. Or (and this is a consideration) I might hold it for the annual PA sale (if I can't think of anything clever to release for that sale.)

A couple of small headscratchers — the single card loads into the scene with the card size morph at 100%, and it seems we can't apply the Card Mats to individual cards in the 5-card hand, only the Hand Mats to all of them at once.

Apart from that, it's great. Looking forward to lots of fun with this, and looking forward to the Tarot add-on.

edited August 2015

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the card hand, SpottedKitty.ou should be able to apply the different card textures to the individual cards in the hand. At least that's how I designed it to work. Make sure to select the card within the stack you intend to apply the texture to and see if that works. I will check the version I got back from my tester to see if I can reproduce the problem. Otherwise, I'm going to have to speak to my tester to figure out why it's not working for you.

As for why the size morph is at 100% instead of 50% is a conundrum. 100% should give you really large cards, and 0% should be really small cards. That's something that should be addressed.

Post edited by FeralFey on

Never mind, I was trying to change the MAT on the five card hand, which is a single prop. The other one is five individual cards, no problems changing each one of them.

I just finished making the tarot textures for the cards. Tomorrow I will be working on the rune stones and if all goes according to plan, I should have the divination add-on set ready to submit by the end of the week, or early the next. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

A divination Tarot set with Runes?  Time to go scrounging in the couch for change...again.

Hey All!

I have my deck built and now I'm working on adding HPP poses to put the cards into tarot spreads. I thought maybe I'd come here and ask which spreads/card layouts you'd like to see in the set? The Celtic Cross is a given, as is the three card spread, but are there any others that you all would like to see in the set?