Daz Environment to UE5 [WIP]

VividImaginatorVividImaginator Posts: 38
edited October 2022 in Unreal Discussion

Let me share my progress using a Daz Studio Environment in UE5.

I found many problems using the Daz to Unreal Bridge, to export a Daz environment I mean, ended up using Daz to Blender to export the home and then I exported it from Blender as an FBX file.

I'm using 22 Parker Road.

Imported the FBX into UE5 and everything was there but the process creates many textures and materials duplicates; had to manually fix and assign materials and that took hours.

Next, I have to setup collision and work on the scene but I'm getting there; here is a video showcasing what I have so far.

Post edited by VividImaginator on

Comments

• Leo LeeLeo Lee Posts: 184
    edited October 2022

If you export them in separated pieces from Daz, without using bridge, it has problems too?

Post edited by Leo Lee on
  • Leo Lee said:

If you export them in separated pieces from Daz, without using bridge, it has problems too?

Yeah, you would find material problems; I always find missing textures when I export FBX files and Unreal Engine 5 creates many material copies when importing FBXs.

That, and if you export separate pieces then you would need to put everything together by hand; not a big deal if you have time and enjoy puzzles though. laugh

It depends on how you are going to use the assets; I think you should send the whole house as single file and then send the furniture separated; that way you can move the furniture around instead of it being fixed in place.

Having the house assembled saves me time and the problem of lining up walls and floors and roofs and doors and furniture and decor and so on.

But, yeah, there are problems when you export in separate pieces.