Adding a pose preset to a clothing item that appears in the Scene Tab

CantrapsCantraps Posts: 28
edited October 2022 in Product Suggestions

I'm tired of having to go hunting for the right foot pose whenever I change the pose for a figure and it resets the feet. What I'd love is a way to have the foot pose for the footwear item (or any other clothing) accessible via the scene tab that would apply to the parent figure when I click it.

Ideally it would go like this:

1 Apply any pose to figure

2 (Right?) Click on node within footwear item fitted to figure

3 Foot pose is applied to parent figure 

I know I could just freeze the feet but I don't always want it to be frozen to the footwear item (when feet aren't touching the ground for example). If an action could be created to do this already I'm all ears...

Post edited by Cantraps on

Comments

• What you could do is select the shoes and look in the products tab os Smart Content - as long as they have soem kind of preset (that has it's compatibility correctly set) the product will appear and you can then open it to access all its file, including the pose preset for the figure's feet.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

Or you could use Ultimate Pose Mixer to lock the foot pose.

• Richard Haseltine said:

What you could do is select the shoes and look in the products tab os Smart Content - as long as they have soem kind of preset (that has it's compatibility correctly set) the product will appear and you can then open it to access all its file, including the pose preset for the figure's feet.

That's my current method too. It works a lot of the time but not all products have a Smart Content preset (generally materials is the most likely). 

• lou_harper said:

Or you could use Ultimate Pose Mixer to lock the foot pose.

You can lock it without that if you haven't got the Pose Mixer. Click on the foot, right click and select - select children then right click on the parameters or posing tab and hit lock selected nodes.