Broken Christmas Decoration?

lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158
edited November 2022 in Product Suggestions

I swear I remember seeing [Broken Christmas Decoration] such thing in the store. Am I just imagining things?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437
    edited November 2022

There was a Christmas Freebie a few years ago. DD Holiday Ornaments [Documentation Center] No longer available, though.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

There were also some old RDNA freebies with broken decorations - not sure if they made the transfer over to here - I can't check my computer as I'm at work just now

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,500
    edited November 2022

You mean something like this?

Sorry, haven't seen anything like it for sale.

But the attached OBJ might do instead. It's an Obj of the model for the above image. Not tex mapping or material zones, a straight OBJ file converted from CAD. Will see if I can do something more interesting with it in 12 hrs or so.

Regards,

Richard

Broken Bauble.png
    628 x 621 - 56K
    zip
    zip
    Broken Bauble.zip
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

Yeah, something like that, with a couple of shards. :) Thanks!

I wonder if what I remember, if I'm not imagining it, was with some cat or dog related set.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

The content I was talking about is in a folder RDNA_Xmas_2014, in pp2 format, so you could check your content and see if you have that. If you have it it would give you shards - the attaxchment is 6 different props. From looking on how I have it installed it came from RDNA website and never transfered to DAZ or I would have uninstalled and reinstall it from DIM.

broken.png
    1013 x 873 - 528K
    edited November 2022

The surface selection in my home made modeller took a fair bit longer than I expected (four material surfaces, hook, inside, outside and gold ring), and as a result I was only able to create a whole bauble prop this evening. There are 4 mat files, red, green, gold & silver. The model is spherically Tex mapped, just no textures applied. I have a top half and two broken bits to do next. So, please consider the whole bauble as a down payment/statement of intent.

Regards,

Richard.

Christmas Bauble Whole.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 211K
    zip
    zip
    Christmas Bauble Whole.zip
    1M

Hehe, it looks good. :)

edited November 2022

Added a broken bauble, top half to the zip this evening. It appears my home made modeller managed to create some mal-formed facets between the broken edge and inside/outside surfaces when de-triangulating. In this case I think they work as they're on the fracture edge and could be caused by spalled bits of glass, but I need to sort it in the program as it happens despite a check for a maximum 10 degree difference in normal direction, and the problem is happening with a 70-90 degree difference.

Regards,

Richard.

zip
    zip
    Christmas Baubles.zip
    2M
    Christmas Bauble Broken.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 183K

THANK YOU!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

NorthOf45 said:

There was a Christmas Freebie a few years ago. DD Holiday Ornaments [Documentation Center] No longer available, though.

I got it. It was Christmas released on Dec 19, 2019 and by DisparateDreamer and Divamakeup and had shards as well. Did you get freebies that year?

edited November 2022
    I had intended to get the remaining bits done this afternoon. But Father-in-law went downhill this afternoon and may not survive the next 24 hours. Had to sit with him this evening. The baubles shouldn't take too much longer once I can sit at the computer. Regards, Richard.
  • OK, done with 4 fragments, a broken bauble, a hook and top ring as well as a complete bauble is available here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/602011/broken-christmas-decorations

Hope it's useful.

Regards,

Richard.