Metadata Attached to Product Files

In Future Daz can we have Metadata Attached to Product Files?

Issue: Renaming or moving a .duf breaks metadata so you have to rebuild it if there was even just a mispelling that made it past QA. (Unless theres a Daz trick Im unaware of, please share)

How important is the metadata if not using smart content? (as a customer) Should I just be categorizing and then moving on?

Comments

• If you move/rename inside Daz Studio's Content Library, using right-click menus, the metadata will not break (as long as the database isn't reset).

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165
    edited November 2022

Yeah, No, sorry. I still want Metadata attached to files.

I wont put the artists on blast but theres one artist (not here) who always puts Clothing in "Clothes" (cant rename folders in daz to exsisting folder names they wont merge)

Another issue I just had Daz artist put a shader preset pack in Iray/Artist Name/Iray (again)/ and then in Product Name.

So If you have to create new folders, then find n copy from old folder, retrack to new folder and paste, each time for every folders duf set, and still possible the data breaks. Dont you think it'd be much easier to have data connected and just drag n drop/copy n paste in bulk with file explorer, refresh in DS, and be done with it?  

Post edited by TDBAGZ on
  • If you leave the files alone and create links (which you could place in an entirely separate content directory, so you would never need to see the "bad" tree) then the links will inherity nay metadata settings for the file they point to, regardless of how you move the link files.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165
    edited November 2022

I have no doubt my data and runtime looks like a mangled haystack (DAZ, Daz  Original, DAZ 3D, Daz Original, (Daz Original, ABC,XYZ), Daz3D, DAZStudio). User facing links would be fine if categories data stuck.

I want to be able to sort, shuffle, deal, scoop and dump (bulk copy and paste, not in any hacker sence), dufs, dsas and dses, along with their pngs and tips across My Daz Library without having to also relink or rebuild when someone typed har instead of hair.

Post edited by TDBAGZ on