Struggling to add Daz3D file into Poser

Hello

I've searched the internet for some tips and guidance but I'm still confused (and struggling) to add my Daz3d charcter into Poser correctly.

I've had a look at lots of documentation and videos but no joy, and hope I can find some help here :)

The problem I am experiencing

I am using Windows 7 and I did the default install Poser Pro with my files in the Shared Location (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content)

I've purchased a bundle (http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-michael-victoria-combo-bundle) and I am trying to add the Michael figure into my library.

I downloaded the Michael file

And unzipped it, which gave me this

I've tried...

I appreciaite I'm a newb to this, but hoping someone could help guide me please?

Thanks

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,094
    edited July 2015

Basically, to manually install a DAZ zip you unzip it to a temp folder, take whatever folders you find under "content" and put them in your content directory, which is the one which holds your poser Runtime. So the "runtime" in the zip should merge with the one in your poser library, and the folders which are next to it in the zip should go next to the one in your poser library.

One thing to consider too: Michael 5 is an add-on for Genesis,  so you need to install the "Genesis Starter Essentials" pack too.

I would suggest having a separate Poser content directory for DSON items and keep the default one for  items in Poser format, but it should work properly if you use the default one too. To add a library in Poser IIRC you have to display the top-level folder in the POser library Pane and there should be a (+)  button at the bottom of the pane, select the folder which holds you new Runtime to add it as a library.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Thank you Leana

You mention that that I need to install the Genesis Starter Essentials. Is this something I can download for free, or something I have to purchase?

I ask, because I've seen somewhere that it comes included with Daz studio? Or am I missing something?

Thanks 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, it comes free, but is a separate download....due to the fact it would make a rather large download if all the content (4 starter packs) were to be included. 

Go to your Product Library, in your store account, and select the By Name for the sort order...then look for the various Genesis starter packs.

Or if you are using the DIM make sure it isn't listed, already, in the to download or to install areas.

• edited July 2015

Thanks

I worry that I am being very simple-minded but... is the Daz Install Manager for installing files into Daz3d?

I run my Daz Install Manager, logged into my account and installed all the packages (including Genesis Starter)

Is DIM also used to install into Poser Pro?  Or do I need to download the files seperately and install manually? (if so, how?)

Also, I seem to have three versions of Genesis. Do I need to install them all or just the latest?

• Genesis Starter Essentials
    • Genesis 2 Starter Essentials
    • Genesis 3 Starter Essentials

Thank you in advance :)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,524
    edited July 2015

DIM will isntall for both Poser and DAZ Studio - indeed, there's no reason you shouldn't use the same location for both - if you've been installing to the My DAZ 3d Library just point Poser to that as an external library and the Poser format content should be ready to use.

The different versions of Genesis are different figures, so yes you want them all (unless you know you don't want one or more of the figures).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks

I've installed and opened Daz3D and checked that everything has installed correctly (got all the Genesis models thanks @Richard Haseltine)

When I go to Poser, I can't find anything updated in the libraries. I also did a search in the library and nothing has returned and it doesnt look like DIM has installed anything for Poser sad

How do I point Poser to the Daz3d Library please?

• The precise interface varies by version, but in Poser pro 2014 there's a folder icon with a + in the top-right corner of the Library panel - click that, then select the folder DIM is installing to (My DAZ 3D Library in the Public Documents folder by default) and you should have a new entry in the library panel for that folder with all your Poser-format content available.