Error: The "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found - Solved! (Thanks, Mike!)

RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288

I have made a number of changes to my system since I had to replace my internal hard drive (iMac running OS X).  I moved my DAZ library to an external drive, and reconfigured Studio and the DIM to point there.  That seems to be working and I'm able to see and load most content just fine, through either Smart Content or the Content Library.  But suddenly when I try to load V4.2, I get the above error message.  I thought I had used V4.2 since the reconfiguration, though I'm not certain of that.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the V4.2 Base, but that didn't do the trick.

What do I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks for any help.

~ Russ  

Post edited by RLSprouse on

Comments

• That means it isn't finding the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder in the current content directory - is it there?

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288

That means it isn't finding the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder in the current content directory - is it there?

It seems to be there, Richard.  Shouldn't reinstalling the V4.2 base take care of that, anyway?

Another data point:  Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 characters are loading fine.  But I just tried loading Michael 4, and I get the same error.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What is the full path to that Victoria 4 folder, and what folder(s) do you have listed in Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager under "Poser Formats"?

Also, make sure that OSX hasn't reassigned the mount point for your external drive.

edited July 2015

What is the full path to that Victoria 4 folder, and what folder(s) do you have listed in Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager under "Poser Formats"?

Also, make sure that OSX hasn't reassigned the mount point for your external drive.

Here's the full path:

Samsung_3TB > ! 3D Computer Graphics > My DAZ 3D Library > Runtime > Libraries > !DAZ > Victoria 4

I don't know what you mean about "OSX reassigning the mount point" - I don't know how to check that.  But most of my content seems to be loading just fine - I have only seen the problem with the Generation 4 figures - V4.2 and M4.

Aha! Your second question finally gave me the clue to my mistake.  When I moved "My DAZ 3D Library" to the external drive, I only added the new path to the "DAZ Studio Formats" section of the Content Directory Manager.  Adding it again to the "Poser Formats" section did the trick.

Thanks, Mike!

Post edited by RLSprouse on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

In DS, can you go to Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "Poser Formats" section, and post a screenshot?

In DS, can you go to Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "Poser Formats" section, and post a screenshot?

Got it fixed, Mike, thanks again.  I was (stupidly) thinking that the DAZ library only had to be listed under the DAZ Studio Formats section.