Example of Successfully Adding Facets to a Face Group?

I'm trying to use addSelectedFacetsToFaceGroup() but I always get "Result of expression is not a function."

Using addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup() works fine in the exact same spot and I get expected results.

The documentation is non-existant on both of these.  Just one page that mentions they were added in 4.11.

Any examples of this being used correctly?

Thanks

Comments

• This may help http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#geometry . The functions you mention are not publicly documented and as such must be treated as liable to change or go without notice, so they should not be used for a commercial project or anything you hope will still work in  a later build of DS.

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

Appreciate the response, but none of the sample scripts appear to have addSelectedFacetsToFaceGroup (or addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup for that matter).  I looked through them the other day, but checked again just now.

• E-Arkham said:

Appreciate the response, but none of the sample scripts appear to have addSelectedFacetsToFaceGroup (or addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup for that matter).  I looked through them the other day, but checked again just now.

I think the idea of the samples was to show what is available for geometry handling - the two methods you asked about are in DzPolygonGroupEditorTool which is not documented (and is obviously the script interface for the Geometry Editor, Polygon Group editor was its old name when it didn't handle edges or vertices).

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

E-Arkham said:

What if you trigger the Geometry Editor actions directly

DzPGECreateFaceGroupFromSelectionAction
    DzPGECreateMaterialGroupFromSelectionAction

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

Apparently the command should be addSelectedFacetsToGroup() and not addSelectedFacetsToFaceGroup() as per the documentation.  Thanks to DAZ Josh for that.

• E-Arkham said:

Apparently the command should be addSelectedFacetsToGroup() and not addSelectedFacetsToFaceGroup() as per the documentation.  Thanks to DAZ Josh for that.

Those are methods belonging to to two separate objects/classes. The warning that undocumented objects and methods are liable to change without notice still remains.