A Look Into the Mind of The Vertex Doctor

The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
edited November 2022 in Art Studio

This first batch is something I have been working on for a while. Imported and kitbashed together items from my massive collection of OBJ files from many many sites I have collected in the last 20 years. Rendered in DAZ using iRay then opened in photoshop using my XP-Pen Pro 22R. Did a lot of hand drawing of details and application of Ron's bushes and PSD layers to get the final results. This is a project that took me 2 YEARS to complete, even longer if you count the planning out and gathering of items to use, some of which a good friend who is a blender whiz created for me.

Edit: Sorry, the spacecraft is not, and won't be for sale or for free, it was a special item my friend created for me out of the movie playing behind my eyelids.

Futuristic Tokyo Experiment 1.jpg
1440 x 1440 - 1M
Futuristic Tokyo Experiment 2.jpg
1440 x 1440 - 2M
Futuristic Tokyo Experiment 3.jpg
1440 x 1440 - 2M
Post edited by The Vertex Doctor on

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,794

This looks very cool! Very moody!

I will say, there's something about the perspective that doesn't 100% work for me.

• Hylas said:

This looks very cool! Very moody!

I will say, there's something about the perspective that doesn't 100% work for me.

If I were to do this today I'd do it in 2560x1440. When I did the original renders I spent close to 2 years postworking, I only had a GTX 470. Now I have an RTX 3090 so I could do a LOT more LOL. These were rendered at 768x768 which was about the biggest I could do at the time given my old desktop system. I worked on them at that scale with an older drawing tablet I had. Last year I picked up an XP-Pen Pro 22R on sale and also purchased Gigapixel AI. Upscaled them to 1080x1080 and continued to work. Final upscale to 1440x1440 happened a few days ago for finalization on my desktop using a mouse instead of a pen. If I could go back in time I'd get an XP-Pen Artist 24 Pro instead as that's 1440p.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,794

Oh I wasn't talking about the format. I mean that in the 1st two images the perspective on the buildings in the foreground and middle distance don't quite match up with the perspective on the buildings in the far distance.

The camera appears to be looking up towards the buildings in the middle distance but straight at - or even slightly down on - the buildings in the far distance.

• Well, WAY too late to fix that now LOL. I deleted those sets long ago. I didn't even notice that but now I can't NOT see it :/