Toon Santa

kenmokenmo Posts: 906
edited November 2022 in Product Suggestions

I purchased Toon Santa a while back, but I could never get a pose I wanted or liked.

Are there any poses for Toon Santa I can purchase at DAZ?

I love DAZ but I find posing the most difficult task to perform. Hoping in the near future it is greatly simplified and more user friendly. Findling with dials and power poser is just not fun or easy to use.

Many thanks

Kenmo in Nova Scotia

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is an in-search-of post, not related to Daz Studio.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited November 2022

I don't know of any specific Toon Santa pose sets, but because it's based on the older skeleton system you should find that you can use Mike 2, Mike 3, ToonGen1, or even Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 poses without too much adjustment.

I did some quick posing tests to demonstrate, a Toon Generatoios 1 basketball player pose, a Mike 2 running, a Mike 2 getting punched, and an Aiko 3 pose. I didn't make any adjustments, so you can see that some feet or hands might need a bit of minor adjustment, but depending on what you're trying to do I think it should work for you. If there's none in your library, you can probably find a mess of freebies on the 'net.

ToonGen1.jpg
    1068 x 1062 - 114K
    M2Running.jpg
    668 x 912 - 78K
    M2 Punched.jpg
    668 x 912 - 80K
    Aiko 3.jpg
    668 x 866 - 78K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 906

Thank you very much for the reply, I truly appreciate it. I was not aware Toon Santa was based on the earlier Daz charactes.

Again, many thanks....

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

No problem, I hope it helps. I didn't test them, but you might try some of the newer Genesis characters as well, those that use the "T" base pose. The older characters' poses do work fairly well, though. Good luck!

• If you have a suitable pose in G8F/M format then I have done a freebie pose transfer script that does G8 to A3/V3/H3/M3 transfer if that's any use. Apply the pose to a G8 character, use the correct transfer script and the Generation 3 character will have a similar pose. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/446941/g8f-pose-transfer-to-aiko-3-victoria-3-gv3 . G8M to M3 work with the script even though not mentioned. Regards, Richard

richardandtracy said:

If you have a suitable pose in G8F/M format then I have done a freebie pose transfer script that does G8 to A3/V3/H3/M3 transfer if that's any use. Apply the pose to a G8 character, use the correct transfer script and the Generation 3 character will have a similar pose. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/446941/g8f-pose-transfer-to-aiko-3-victoria-3-gv3 . G8M to M3 work with the script even though not mentioned. Regards, Richard

Thank you very much. Will try it...

edited November 2022

Thanks very much but I get an error warning. 

I am using G8 male and Toon Santa and your script G8Fpos to GV3

From Log file

G:/DAZ_Stuff/Figs_Gen/Scripts/ChestnutP/G8FPoseTransferToGV3.dsa

2022-11-12 14:03:06.472 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 55

2022-11-12 14:03:06.472 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'oSkeletonG8F' [null] is not an object.

2022-11-12 14:03:06.472 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@G:/DAZ_Stuff/Figs_Gen/Scripts/ChestnutP/G8FPoseTransferToGV3.dsa:55

2022-11-12 14:03:06.473 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: G:/DAZ_Stuff/Figs_Gen/Scripts/ChestnutP/G8FPoseTransferToGV3.dsa

But when I used Victoria 2 instead of Santa Toon it worked great.

DazError.JPG
    1199 x 1029 - 77K
    Post edited by kenmo on
  • That's annoying. I'm afraid it means Toon Santa is not a Generation 3 character and as a result the script won't work with it. I don't have the character to tailor the script to the character either. Sorry. It was worth a try, but doesn't seem to have come off. Regards, Richard.

PS : I did save my Pose from your script to a V3 Pose preset and applied it to Toon Santa. That worked fine.

Again many thanks...

• How strange.. I'm baffled. Glad it worked, though. Rey, Richard.