Issue with Hex/Studio/Gen3F

Hello all,

I have Gen3F loaded into Studio, mesh resolution set to Base (the rest of the dials I left alone), and made sure the figure was zero for the shape and pose and hit "Send to Hexagon".  Hexagon is updated to the latest release as well.

Hexagon opens fine with Gen3F loaded.  I make sure her mesh is set to Flat Solid, Symmetry on (X only).

I go to UV & Paint to choose the Displacement Brush Tool.

I try to use it and "Error.  An internal error has occured" - every time.  No matter what brush I tried (Bump, Inflate, etc.) the error shows up.  Considering I'm trying to make a full morph here, it's going to be frustrating as all heck if I have to try to do this face by face and vertex point by point.

I've been trying for two hours now, and searched for reasons or fixes for another hour before trying this.  Anyone else have a clue or have had this happen?

Thanks.
Dar

Comments

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469

Remove all textures from G3F before you send it to Hexagon. "internal error" in connection with painting is (just a guess) either "out of memory" or Hex is attempting to paint on the G3F textures and cant do that.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Hm.  I will, thank you.  I just wanna morph her, not paint her.  lol  I'll update if that works tomorrow.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Thank you, Ben, for the suggestion. I removed everything, sent her to Hex and I can use the UV & Paint tools. Much appreciated.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

Knit one, pearl two ;-)  other forum link

• Remove all textures from G3F before you send it to Hexagon. "internal error" in connection with painting is (just a guess) either "out of memory" or Hex is attempting to paint on the G3F textures and cant do that.

It worked for me too. thank you.

• Remove all textures from G3F before you send it to Hexagon. "internal error" in connection with painting is (just a guess) either "out of memory" or Hex is attempting to paint on the G3F textures and cant do that.

it worked for me too. thank you.